World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the fishing game, did go about 5 years ago with my dad, but left it alone, started about 2months ago, i have caught 3 bass, and 2 pollack.
recently i have been going to fish at aberthaw, ogmore and witches point but have not been having much luck.
Does anyone know the best places to fish.
I am going to penarth pier tomorrow, have heard it is good?

Anyone get back to me!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
ive always found if u are not catching lower the size of the hook, and put a smaller bait out in the water. Whaqt rigs hook size etc are u using.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
anyother helpful tips, is to always clip[ down your hook legths, it improves the bait presaentation. You may be missing bites alway because your lead weight is to heavy and the bite cant register.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks

I am using size 3 hooks and a running ledger with a 3oz weight, using all types of bait aswell. have you fished penarth pier?

I

·
0 Posts
hi best advice from me is first of all read this site day to day to find out where's fishing good \then use good bait\and for more sport or action fish the night tides then things will look up tight lines andy [iwantacod]..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate
do you know where the best place is to go for catching conger?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
u will get conger down the ranny, nice piece of squid, or even a nice piece mackerel, low water better at moment or bendricks,i donty want them myself but always get the blighters,, welcome to the site,,....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I fished Penarth pier this time last year, caught plenty of Whiting and a few Lesser Spotted dogs. Running ledger, 1/0 hooks, with rag and squid cocktails. Got the rag from the Pernarth tackle shop in the town centre, I think he is only open on Saturday and Sunday mornings now.

I

·
0 Posts
hi personaly i hate conga's [straps] they are a pest but that said i would love one on a comp day.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks
i only wanna catch a conger cos i never have before
went to penarth pier on saturday caught 1 whiting and 1 pouting
loads of fish being caught, too many being taken home though for my liking
including one sole
i liked this mark, too full though
i was the last person that could have fitted on the pier thanks to a guy moving up
thanks to him

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hurry up and get a conger and u may not want anymore, i cant stand them, cod and bass, lovely, i think u were not comfortable on the pier, u get too many people there, try somwhere quieter, u will b more at home, if u no what i mean, good fishing....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for that
yeah id rather a nice cod or bass instead
all i want is the glory of reeling in a massive conger!!!! YEAH
Cod are starting to show off rhoose beach

1 - 12 of 12 Posts