World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi is there a safe way to get to this place its just i dont fancy walking along the wall its only about 5 inches wide and when your carrying loads of gear its not really safe . anyone asked permission to walk through the the property.and also any tips on fishing this place like what baits,tide info and what i am likely to catch thanks :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
marcus1975 said:
hi is there a safe way to get to this place its just i dont fancy walking along the wall its only about 5 inches wide and when your carrying loads of gear its not really safe . anyone asked permission to walk through the the property.and also any tips on fishing this place like what baits,tide info and what i am likely to catch thanks :)

Marcus m8

I am probably the best person on here to ask.........so here goes, yup you are correct in saying its not realy a safe option, I took that route that morning rather than argue with the guy in the gatehouse, BUT at the end of the day he cant stop you as there is a right of way round to where they are building a house on the left side of the bridge pillars. in this case its a m8 of mine thats building the house so if the push came to the shove I would have just mentioned his name and said I was going round to the house.

anyway back to the tips/info

I usualy always fish this spot at low water, if you do get in and go round to where they are building the house you will see a slipway......now !! round to the left of the slipway is the rocks.... go along the rocks and you will see another slipway cut into the natural rocks....this is about 30-40mts along from the manmade slipway,
at low water on this slipway is an old jetty, I set up at this spot and do probably 80% of my fishing from here.....when reeling in with a fish do it fast as there is ledges below.

As the tide comes in move up the rocks to the point below the old gun emplacement, you will see some rock pools next to the point..... A word of warning there is a rocky outcrop between jetty and the point (it looks like a nipple sticking up) DO NOT fish from here as you will loose tackle

as to bait and any other tips

bait I nearly always use Rag/Lug/Cockle at this mark,

when you are fishing about 1 hour before low to 1 hour after tide rip is not to bad (depending on hights of tides) once tide starts coming in it wont matter what size of weight you use as you aint got a hope in Hell of holding bottom, thats when I would move up to the gun emplacement and fish.

The battery as we call it can be a bugger for loosing tackle but you will catch fish...they may not be monsters BUT you will catch.

hope these ramblings help

john

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks m8 but have you ever asked for permission to go round the house at the top of the hill to get to the gate

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Lol.....erm

No , ? dunno why, i am sure the people will prolly let you in, at the time I went up that way it was about 7.30 in the morning, I wasnt going to knock on the door and ask at that time...hehe I would prolly have got a skelp in the face :p

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks big dunny going to try this mark tommorow sometime think i will ask about using there gate as well will let you know what they say cheers m8 :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry big dunny forgot to ask what am i likely to catch
:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Codling, occasional Strap Conger, on rare ocasions had Tadpole fish and Rockling from this mark oh yeah..... sometimes bring in Lobsters and Brown Crabs.

Codling are in the 1lb to 2lb range mainly, but I have had them over 5lb from here

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tadpole fish never heard of it m8

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
marcus1975 said:
tadpole fish never heard of it m8
Wierd lookin little buggers they are m8..look just like tadpoles, all head with a thin eel like body

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i see will see if i can find a pic m8 :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is the first time i have attached a pic hope this works .is this what you call a tadpole fish big dunny

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi fished there last caught 6 codling but it went totaly dead before and after high tide .asked permision to go round the top but the guy said no as he had had alot of bother from fisherman before ,so i ended up going round the bottom said i new meckenzie and they were fine . tried to add some pics but there to big so it said. anyway was using lug and squid a little rag cockles and mussels

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A Pic At Last I Hope

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Nice 1 Marcus

How did you know the house round the corner being built, was owned by eck mckenzie ? did I mention that in an earlier post or do you know eck??????

lol..more to the point do I know ya ????? ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Guy At The Top Of The Hill Told Me :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts