World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I live in lincoln and fish at a few spots including chapel point, huttoft.

Just wondered if anyone knows anyone that can supply fresh baits nearby. I know you can get baits from the tackle shops but they tend to be a bit on the dear side.

thanks in advance,

greenlegs :happy:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi there, I live in lincoln and fish at a few spots including chapel point, huttoft.

Just wondered if anyone knows anyone that can supply fresh baits nearby. I know you can get baits from the tackle shops but they tend to be a bit on the dear side.

thanks in advance,

greenlegs :happy:
can't help for your area, i would rather find a good bait supplier who supplies top quality bait irrelevant of price, tackle shops have to earn a living to keep open so i would be looking at quality first.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi greenlegs,i to am from lincoln and the only places nearest to us is at cleethorpes at georges tackle shop or the bait box at grimsby,but yes lincoln is pants

·
Registered
924 Posts
The nearest tackle shop to Chapel (and Huttoft) is Tackle4U in Ingoldmells. They can usually get fresh lug to order and, I believe, are open Sunday mornings as well. Tel: 01754 874950. This is the only shop I know of outside Grimsby that sells fresh bait. Alternatively you could get a bait pump and collect your own lugworm at low water. It pays for itself in just a few sessions and thereafter its free bait!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

http://www.skegnessboatingclub.co.uk/

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe there is a reasonably sized bait supplier up near the Humber Bridge. Goes by the name of Squids In Baits. Advertises in Sea Angler Mag and also has a website. I have never used them personally but always worth a call to investigate, Good Luck:fishing1:

Species 2010: Rockling, Whiting, Pouting, Dab, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Smoothound, Thornback Ray, Sole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts