World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi,i was up there from 4till 10pm,crabs was a pain stripping ya baits rather quickly,was by the green boye double squid an blacks cocktail,the crabs loved it,had a 3 hook flapper out which all the tings was caught on biggest about 30cm,lobed a small one out a bait an the crabs eat half that to,atleast the wting are fish them crabs pee me off the gready f--k--s.

all the best mick.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If anyone has a spare old ladder they don't want, I have a heavy duty chain link motorbike lock that could be used to secure it to the base of the steps....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Steps will be removed and there is nothing worse than turning up there having to climb a steel sheet. I think an angle grinder is in order and cut out all the steel plates forming the base wall. :clap2:

Happy to chip in for the rental Of a grinder and disk, happy to do the cutting as well.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm sure the council will love that, they are making a conscious effort to keep us off there now its only a matter of time before they cut the steps out altogether. due to some kid or ****ed bloke falling of again so why the hell would we want to bring more attention and make it easier for kids to get up there call me selfish but the less people that get up there the better.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Slightly off topic...............re the 'new port that is mentioned, does anyone know how the dredgging is going.......is it being done as far up as the jetty at the moment..............Cheers Chico:idea:

15,082 Posts
Slightly off topic...............re the 'new port that is mentioned, does anyone know how the dredgging is going.......is it being done as far up as the jetty at the moment..............Cheers Chico:idea:
The Dredging is taking place between the Port at Corringham and out into the Queens Channel.It will be ongoing for ever to keep it clear.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah chris there's loads down there all you need is a carp rod loaded with 6 lb line. Just free line a single red maggot of the end. Let me know how you get on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts