World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fished around Oare Creek? I amgoing to put my boat on a mooring there soon and have never fished there before. Any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome aboard, i keep my boat in oare creek a good place to fish from all year no trouble with the weather, if its abit windy out at sea just go up in the river where you can catch some fish like eels, whiting,codling, and plenty of small bass. As Dave said good catches of skate around the island but this year they went away to quickly. Off the top end of the wind farm in the deeper water you can get catches of cod and whiting in the winter months, used to be good for flatties but they have all gone , so have some good fishing, see you about Rob.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Choc,

Although an Essex boy, i kept a boat at Oare Creek for a while some years ago, lovely quiet backwater & always enjoyed going out from there & had some good days out on the Girdler bank, Bass Drifter far more knowledgable on local fishing.
Only problem there is of course the lack of water, my boat (19ft Shetland) was moored right up near the road & only floated for about an hour or so per tide, meant we were totally governed by the tide.

John.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads, the tide is a bit of problem there but for the money can you do much better? I have paid the next three months just to see how I go. What is the name of your boat Rob? I will keep an eye out for you.

G

·
chok,

go out the creek and turn left.head for fowley island.on the left are the south deeps.here u should get eel's and bass with the very odd flounder.the right hand side of the island is the main channel.might be worth a look.

it's sheltered in there so if it's windy u can still get a bit of fishing in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks once again, I guess the first couple of times out I will not even fish, Just look around with the fish finder to find some likely looking areas to mark. But then again with 12 hours afloat I will not be able to resist it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts