Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09/07/05
Oban - Scotland
Weather: Low cloud drizzle with occasional bright patches
Bait:Mackerel , Herring
Fish caught: 22

Went camping for the weekend with wee lass & oldest son, Brian & his kid.
We went fishing weather was bright but cloud was low , just casted out my first rod when a nice little bite my first dogfish of the year , i was 4 up before brian caught his first , then i got a cracker of a bite but lost it in the weed far heavier than any dogfish i caught so far .
Weather got worse typical but it was not cold but bites kept coming as did the dogfish ,by 2 hrs we notched up 15 dogfish between us.
Brian then had a cracker of a bite but he lost it in the weed as well , we still kept getting dogfish by the time we finished our session we had myself 14 dogfish , Brian 8 dogfish.
We returned later to give a try for mackerel but with the rest of them down there no luck but the biggest dogfish wieghed 2.5lb not bad at all

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
nice fish m8 wonder what the 2 big bites you and brian had were.anyway its good to get away like that aint it ,will be going myself sometime soon i hope .

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice one m8 , i reckon it was Rays any i have had up there its usually a couple of hard knocks then nothing ive found you have to give them a couple of mins and you get a slack line or they pull the rod right over ,if you strike to soon they get off or you miss em :( . Where did you fish???

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yes know were u are @ Port Gallanach, there is so much area up that way not fished i am gonna try and go up there next month again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts