World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a terrific day yesterday, A very tired me was up at 5.30 this morning to head up to Oban to fish with Donald McLean. Today albeit a month or so early we decided to have another go for Pollack so armed with Leadheads, Fresh Rag and a assortment of colourful artificials we headed to our 1st mark. The fishing was very slow after about 3hrs and 4 moves we only had to show a handful of Pollack and some Coalies, Biggest fish so far had been a Pollack of 4 1/2lb, All the others were in the 2 1/2lb - 3 1/2lb bracket. Donald decided we should move again and anchor up for a while and fish for Lsd's and Thornies until the tide changed...... We did for 2hrs and had nothing not even a bite :unsure: Our final move of the day was a reef we had fished earlier on in the day with not much success but Donald had said it should improve with the tide, And it did :) We all got a fair number each most in the 3-4lb bracket and we had 1 @ 6lb8oz and another @ 6lb 12oz, I had a very poor start but again in the last hour started getting a fish a cast, I ended up with 16x Pollack to 4lb and 3 Coalies . We must have ended up with around 100 fish and nobody blanked!! which was not bad considering how the day started.
Big thanks to Donald who worked his socks off for us today to find us the fish :clap3: :clap3:
Good day although the weather was crap !!!

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
After a terrific day yesterday, A very tired me was up at 5.30 this morning to head up to Oban to fish with Donald McLean. Today albeit a month or so early we decided to have another go for Pollack so armed with Leadheads, Fresh Rag and a assortment of colourful artificials we headed to our 1st mark. The fishing was very slow after about 3hrs and 4 moves we only had to show a handful of Pollack and some Coalies, Biggest fish so far had been a Pollack of 4 1/2lb, All the others were in the 2 1/2lb - 3 1/2lb bracket. Donald decided we should move again and anchor up for a while and fish for Lsd's and Thornies until the tide changed...... We did for 2hrs and had nothing not even a bite :unsure: Our final move of the day was a reef we had fished earlier on in the day with not much success but Donald had said it should improve with the tide, And it did :) We all got a fair number each most in the 3-4lb bracket and we had 1 @ 6lb8oz and another @ 6lb 12oz, I had a very poor start but again in the last hour started getting a fish a cast, I ended up with 16x Pollack to 4lb and 3 Coalies . We must have ended up with around 100 fish and nobody blanked!! which was not bad considering how the day started.
Big thanks to Donald who worked his socks off for us today to find us the fish :clap3: :clap3:
Good day although the weather was crap !!!
nice one bmac always good to get out and just fish it sounds as if you had a reasonabletime of it as it is still a bit early:blink:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Happy for you mate, two good days in a row. Certainly makes up for the blank ones. Always a pleasure to go out with a skipper who really tries for you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
great report dude. exellent when you get good results:clap3:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
good report there bmac :clap3: pollock can be really fussy:giveup: they will feed on the ebb at certain marks and not at others and vice versa with the flood but perserverance usually pays off :clap3: :clap3: had a good session on them last week that i was really surprised at so cant wait to get into them next week down port logan way :clap2: :clap2:

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Well done BMAC - bet you slept well on the Sunday night :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts