World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was our first trip for about 6 months due to weather and Donald having the boat out of the water.
What a trip though we beat our best total of 14 skate by one - catching 15 skate among 7 anglers :clap2:
Everybody caught at least one which was great and the best was 4 :)
At one stage we had 4 fish on at once (all landed) - its at times like that the skipper really earns his corn.
The biggest fish was 165 Lb - so none of the really big fish we had on most trips last year.
Most of the fish were males between 100Lb and 115 Lb what they lacked in size there made up for in the fight - helped by a nuddy bottom they seemed able to stick to.
My catch was a tiddler at 40 Lb and one at 115Lb - I dont remember struggling as hard to get a fish off the bottom ever !!!! - maybe its time to chuck it when I am ahead :)
At lunchtime we only had one fish so Donald suggested a move (the tide was also picking up) - best move we have ever made - he certainly gets us some fish. :)
Roll on next months trip :clap2:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Top report well done peter a nice tally of fish there.
Neal
The SKink

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well done Peter, What a day you had !!!!!! :clap3: :clap3:
How did Andy do ?

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i will get me one of them one day good report and a crackin day out:) :) :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great report mate nothing better than thinking oh no not getting much fish then bang heaps:clap2: , i bet it made everone smile:) .

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
crackin session there peter , we were sitting just across from you on "go west " davy will put up a report tomorrow with pics of a couple of the biggies we had !!:clap3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts