World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Did a bit of reading on these and they are ment to be a bit of a wet ride for the heavier angler other than that they tick all the boxes ask a few of the guys on anglers afloat as you will hit a wider opinion on them

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I'm just under 12 stone.......
Perfect!
Great kayak, but a tight fit if you've a big backside! They are 'wet' unless you plug the seat holes and they feel twitchy compared to the wider beasts until you realise there is nothing to worry about. The low seat gives you a wet bum but a low centre of gravity....... it will lean, but you will find it hard to tip. It is fast and easy to paddle........ highly recommended.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trident 13 is a good yak little heavy but good, personaly i would go for the new 4.1 which has a large storage box built in like the ultra 4.3 thats another yak i would recomend.
Take a look at the tarpon 120 and 140 great yaks and also the preception triumph, these are just a few.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still looking at one or two second hand ones,but do like the look of the tarpon 120.I think in the end I will just go out and buy a new kayak .Thanks once again for all your help.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
i just bought a 4.1 only because it suits my needs[spear fishing] ie lots o kit.

the spro in my opp.is the best bit o affordable plastic out there especially if u like paddling with a bit o fishing thrown in.
i might still get one.:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts