World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Joined 2009
18,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to put these pics up show how much of a problem it’s becoming.
This is from a climb over about 20metres this morning.
Bedrock Outdoor recreation Climbing Rock-climbing equipment Wood
Plant Wood Branch Bedrock Natural landscape
Bedrock Wood Formation Trunk Outcrop
Bedrock Terrain Mountain Recreation Formation
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades Electric blue
Wood Bedrock Watercourse Trunk Geological phenomenon
Bedrock Wood Trunk Grass Formation
Wood Bedrock Trunk Formation Plant
Wood Bedrock Trunk Formation Plant
Bedrock Paint Formation Tints and shades Asphalt

there’s another 5 or 6 but run out of cyber space.
For every lump you can see there’s another 50 buried.
didn’t see any RSA junk at all

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Makes you wonder what it's like underwater at deeper snaggy areas !!
The most remote bits of coast in Ireland middle of nowhere and the crap that's blown in on big storms is unbelievable.. ends up on the hillside in storms and its 90% commercial fishing crap. And loads of broken off barrels from the mussel farms by the 100.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maybe if we all do a small amount by litter picking when we aren't fishing, it will help reduce the amount of crap plastic on our beaches. Always appalled by the amount of plastic washed up on our shores. I wonder about all the micro plastics that are in the sea, especially as many fish are now infested with the stuff & we are eating it!

Recent visit to North Brittany showed excellent, litter free beaches with no plastics contamination.

·
Joined 2009
18,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bedrock Road surface Wood Asphalt Tints and shades
Bedrock Grey Formation Wood Outcrop
Bedrock Wood Formation Geological phenomenon Outcrop
Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Bedrock Grass
Bedrock Paint Formation Tints and shades Asphalt

here’s some more from the same few meters of rock.
The yellow zone.
I’ve contacted a squad who turn cornish lost net into sunglasses see what they say.
Can see this stuff being too dangerous to recover .
We do have a team of very dedicated divers who clear nets out to sea. For free, they almost got put out of business a few years ago . Some pen pusher decided they needed a salvage license to carry on.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I found a usable set of sabikis that had been thrown down the side of South shields pier yesterday, the only thing wrong with them was the link swivel clip was bent I also sharpened the hooks and I have a functioning set of mackerel feathers.
I couldn't believe someone had just thrown them towards the water as there's bins nearby and a beach 100m or so away 😠

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
I found a usable set of sabikis that had been thrown down the side of South shields pier yesterday, the only thing wrong with them was the link swivel clip was bent I also sharpened the hooks and I have a functioning set of mackerel feathers.
I couldn't believe someone had just thrown them towards the water as there's bins nearby and a beach 100m or so away 😠
Could of been the wind!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
View attachment 1390055 View attachment 1390056 View attachment 1390057 View attachment 1390060 View attachment 1390061
here’s some more from the same few meters of rock.
The yellow zone.
I’ve contacted a squad who turn cornish lost net into sunglasses see what they say.
Can see this stuff being too dangerous to recover .
We do have a team of very dedicated divers who clear nets out to sea. For free, they almost got put out of business a few years ago . Some pen pusher decided they needed a salvage license to carry on.
Interesting that its not just all British rubbish that is polluting our waters. The red/blue box is from the Vendee. Bloody frogs, come over here & pollute our waters!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts