World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Ocean waders any good for a big hike during the summer ?
If not what are the recommendations ?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
well say 3 mile over soft sand. Never considered thigh
Not done a straight march per se of that distance but have spent several hours at a time in them wandering muddy rivers etc..,very comfortable,miles lighter than their Neoprene counterparts...still get a bit warm in them though........good kit imo.:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not done a straight march per se of that distance but have spent several hours at a time in them wandering muddy rivers etc..,very comfortable,miles lighter than their Neoprene counterparts...still get a bit warm in them though........good kit imo.:thumbs:
Cheers for the info.
I have a pair of Neoprene waders of some sort and ive come very close to binning them. Complete torture in this weather

·
Registered
934 Posts
ocean waders are top class ive walked a long way over cefn sidan, pendine, ginst etc in them with no problems, plus they are very hardwearing

·
Registered
428 Posts
hi there ive got the granite nylon chesties from snowbee and they seem indestructable and v/light too!
the only thing is that on a hot summers day they do tend to make me perspire somewhat.
i've used mine for bait digging and we do tend to yomp some hills and valleys down here through lots of brambles n gorse.
all that for around £60 superb value for money!!!
i would say that thigh waders are also probably a better option in the hot summer weather that we are having at the moment!!! espcialy if your walking for miles in deep sand and the blazing sun!!! lol
i recomend having a look at the snowbee website
all the best rockhoppa

·
Registered
41 Posts
these are excellent waders, but if you dont need them till your on the mark then i carry mine on top of my box,caude you will sweat a bit, but you will sweat in anything thats waterproof including gore tex.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
these are excellent waders, but if you dont need them till your on the mark then i carry mine on top of my box,caude you will sweat a bit, but you will sweat in anything thats waterproof including gore tex.
Got to agree.Any waders made from materials that arent breathable are torture walking long distances in.Better to carry them to the mark or buy breathable waders. Or use thigh waders instead.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
there r no waders any good 4 long walks in the summer m8 carry them as said.
done a 4 mile hike in mine last week over dunes & never again had 2 strip off when got 2 the mark & wash down:cc_surren

·
Registered
314 Posts
put a pair of shorts on under them or if you usr a beta box then put them on the lid and hold theme there with bungees until you are at your mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts