World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alreet lads!

Went back to that spot I had been to a few times recently, just had to get back and try for a good sized pollock before retiring the spinners for the year. Decided to leave a bit later in the day and just fish the few hours up to last light.

Arrived at 4:00 and plodded over the heath to the mark, I swear it gets longer every time I walk it. The internet lied to me, swells were massive today which proved for some tricky fishing from a height. Luckily the fish were playing ball!

First up within 15 mins had a wee plump pollock of around 2.5lbs, Good start :thumbsup: followed by a smaller one under a pound then a micro coalie smaller than the spoon, greedy git.

All went quiet for a while so moved to the next bay. Few casts and into another 1lber which had taken it on the drop, one head shake at the take and that was it, is it on or off I didnt know but it was in the end and mustve given up right at the start, no fight at all. Odd one that, does it not know its a pollock? Lol

Now getting close to darkness changed from the trusty dexter to a sandeel jelly. First cast and on the drop, wallop! Now this feels better, quite a strong fish it is and has now snagged me! Managed to yank it out of the snag and pump it to the surface before grabbing the line and pulling it up the rock. New PB pollock for me at 6.5lb :D Exactly what I was looking for! Love it when a plan comes together. With light all but faded now decided to pack it up and hit home.

Happy days!

IMG-20181006-WA0007.jpg

20181006_180427.jpg

Screenshot_20181006-214530.png

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Hiya Dane,
Tidy sesh & a tidy Pollack there mate.
Well done on the PB- as you said "love it when a plan comes together"
Nice one & tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya Dane,
Tidy sesh & a tidy Pollack there mate.
Well done on the PB- as you said "love it when a plan comes together"
Nice one & tight lines.
Rick;)
Thanks Rick, yeah I got what I went there for, happy with the result. Was thinking maybe a bit late in the year but they are definitely still there. Could be one of those marks that produces all year, tis pretty deep water like.

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
Thanks Rick, yeah I got what I went there for, happy with the result. Was thinking maybe a bit late in the year but they are definitely still there. Could be one of those marks that produces all year, tis pretty deep water like.
Hiya Dane,
Yeah! Deep water always help when the temperature drops.
We stayed up near Bunbeg, Donegal a few years ago the back end of October just into November & were'nt quite sure what the fishing would be like but were still picking up Pollack, Coalies & Wrasse plus the odd Mackerel so you never know mate.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya Dane,
Yeah! Deep water always help when the temperature drops.
We stayed up near Bunbeg, Donegal a few years ago the back end of October just into November & were'nt quite sure what the fishing would be like but were still picking up Pollack, Coalies & Wrasse plus the odd Mackerel so you never know mate.
Tight lines.
Rick;)
Thats good to know mate, the past couple of weeks the temp has dropped noticeably so it was nice to see the fish are still lurking about, might get another session out of it then lol What I would do to live next to a mark like that! Its a 3hr round trip for me.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Great bit of fishing Dane:)
Cracker of a Pollock, well done on that PB, now you have a new goal:cool2: a bigger one:D
Gotta hand it to you Dane, thats a fine fish and on the spinning rod as well:thumbsup:

Liked the bit
does it not know its a pollock?
hahahahaha.

Mark...

Reactions: NIrishDane

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great bit of fishing Dane:)
Cracker of a Pollock, well done on that PB, now you have a new goal:cool2: a bigger one:D
Gotta hand it to you Dane, thats a fine fish and on the spinning as well:thumbsup:

Liked the bit
hahahahaha.

Mark...
Cheers Mark, was buzzing after that mate. Yeah new goal and when I beat that theres another and another, when will it end :rolleyess:

Was chatting to a guy down there fishing with his wife, he said she got 4 over 7lbs an evening in august :eek: so there is bigger fish there, bound to be ones to double figures.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Congrats on the pb that's a great fish

Reactions: NIrishDane
1 - 19 of 19 Posts