World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ventured out this morning expecting decent conditions for fishing only to find very coloured water with some form of oily slick on the surface. Didn't look good at all. Where has the water clarity gone this summer?

Didn't seem to put off the 2 porpoises and a number of cormorants having a good feed though.

Anyway, everyone struggled off the bottom with only a couple of dogs landed and a gurnard by those around me. I decided to try for some cleaner water with the float on another part of the arm and came up with pollock, benny, pouting and wrasse all falling to rag. The real bonus for me was a 2lb bass off the bottom, but very close in on a strip of mackerel.

Roll-on summer!

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Haven't seen any clear water down there this year at all, my lures stayed dry the last twice I took them down there. Off down there early Sunday morning, hopefully there's some clear water, if not I'll just have to use bait instead.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let us know if it clears up. With a bit of luck and less disturbed weather we might get some clarity with the smaller tides next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts