World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to test my bait fridge today, so I went digging to see how long I can different bait alive. During my crabbing session (where are the crabs) I come across a cheap 4x4 stuck in the mud at Shoebury. It was the sort of 4x4 that a hairdresser would have. there are no slipways near the car and groynes going into the sea.
Anybody going to barge pier have a quick look to your left and see if its still there.
End of bait collecting 30 odd lug, 10 or so whites and 50 odd maddies, lets see if I can keep them alive till next wednesday

G

·
wierd sight:) the rags should be alive but i dont know if the lug will say in good condition. good luck anyway.

will93

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wierd sight:) the rags should be alive but i dont know if the lug will say in good condition. good luck anyway.

will93
lug are kept in a cat litter tray with damp newspaper on top and on the bottom.
I would have dug some more but was to busy trying to get some crabs (where are they?).
At least i know a decent maddy spot which should be good news for the widewater meet.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Suicide?? Wasnt a body floating past was there.....!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
If there was a body it would of been well worth Crabbing it.Always look in the mouth and other 'Orafices' Crabs like the soft tissue.

Your getting worse with old age!:happy:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
lug are kept in a cat litter tray with damp newspaper on top and on the bottom.
I would have dug some more but was to busy trying to get some crabs (where are they?).
At least i know a decent maddy spot which should be good news for the widewater meet.
There must be some big fat crabs in the Blackwater the speed they clean my baits the other day :wallbash: Cost me about £15 to keep them happy :cry:

G

·
Crabbing always gets harder at this time and they are mostly females, which I don't rate as I feel they get mobbed by the male crabs with only one thing on their minds, as they can only breed with a female when she is soft.
Try looking in the seaweed rather than under rocks.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jason I'm surprised you did not try to get the 4x4 in your bait bucket.
I was trying to claim salvage rights but the old bill wasn't having it

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
pmsl maybe its a new reef for the fishies lol

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have heard that sometimes you get drug smugglers down on the beaches as they use their car headlights to signal to the drug boats coming in at night.

By the sounds of it that is what that 4x4 was doing down there.
I dont think so. there is no slipway for at leat a mile in all directions and they would have been seen by the lifeguard station.

·
Registered
685 Posts
stolen, dumped sounds like a reasonable bet, when i used to go fishing for eels in the gravel pits in Kent they used to wheel them off the slips and let them run into the water whilst i was fishing next to them! used to keep my off duty arrests up!

People dump them everywhere, drive them as far as they can and then when wedged just leave them and go and get another, i found one down a near verticle drop deep in the woods the other day stolen and used for poaching until it got well and truly wedged between two trees, cheeky sods came back the next day and hauled it out as they obviously had other plans for it!

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
the suzuki is out of the drink now, I was striking some of my scaffold on the wall today and it had been parked up by the fort thing. The fence had all been run flattened so i recon the kids will have parked it there. The slip way in the garrison to the east of barge pier has just been repaired so thats how they got it in there. the site has had no end of bother with kids, and now to top it they have got a load of colourful Romany types plotted up there as well!

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
and you would be crazy to beach a boat on that bit of sand, old trollys bits of steel sticking out and all sorts of debris in the way. a lot of it was my scaffold that the kids slung in

1 - 19 of 19 Posts