World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take Tiger Lilly out again today, in the hope the N/E's wouldn't make conditions too bad, got about 2 miles out to a close in mark, dropped the hook, waited a bit and decided it wasn't for me, 16kts+ of N/E wind over tide, decided to have a look on the South Shelf, within the shelter of the harbour, total waste of time, I was bringing in 2 or 3 crabs at a time, hanging off of whole squid, sat it out until the tide had turned, I was hoping it would flatten out a bit then further out.

Headed back out, wasn't too bad for a start, but by the time we'd got back to a decent mark, it was pretty much as bad as earlier again, swells of 5/6' when it gusted, so decided to head back in again, had a phone call from The Hogster and while we were stationary, it did seem JUST fishable, so i thought i'd give it a go, dropped the hook and chucked out 2 downtiders rigged with running 3/0-2/0 Pennels baited with whole squid.

First bite in 5 minutes, doggy, then another bite and another doggy, bites kept coming pretty fast, lots of em' missed, Whiting, but ended up with 4 Doggies and 3 Whiting, could have had a load more Whiting if i'd scaled down, but I didn't want Whiting, I wanted some Cod :)

My mrs started feeling ill, rough sea, 12 hour nightshift and hadn't eaten, not a good mix, so headed in at 14.00, fishing time at that mark 1.5 hours, so pretty good fishing for the short time (again) I'll get a full day in soon :)

AL ..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Better than a poke in the eye with a sh1ty stick Al. Weather here hasn't been too bad, but we didn't get out.

I'm saving myself for the biggggg Cod :)
Nah was ok, coulda bagged up on Whiting if i'd fancied, but would have liked another Cod or two instead, although I think this early in the run, the big tides are a better bet closer inshore, wasn't much of a tide today.

Also, the best bit was trying my new Shimano Charter Specials, what a cracking reel an absolute pleasure to use, lovely and smooth and cast superbly.

AL ..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
unlucky Al, keep on plugging away and one of these days it will come right

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
unlucky mate weather looks [email protected] for the next week, i hope it goes to plan for week after s its looking good on met check

·
Registered
19,245 Posts
unlucky mate weather looks [email protected] for the next week, i hope it goes to plan for week after s its looking good on met check
Hope you're right on the meteo, there are some stonking tides, and there really ought to be something interesting in the line of fish by then.
Might even be worth a trail-up from Essex.
Cheers,
Davey.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Metcheck always seem to do that, on the long range it looks great, but as it nears closer, it turns rubbish LOL

Let me know nearer the time when you plan on going out Dick, i'll try and get out on the same day and head over your way, prap's Marv will be free and can join me, be nice to dig out my old Orford marks :)

AL ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Al,
Not sure if we set eyes on you last Wedneday in you QS640 coming in from Languard? Mid Afternoon. We were in our QS500. Second time out!
Feeling are feet at present, or Hull should I say. New to Boat fishing out here. Any suggested Marks that you would recommend for Cod Etc.
Will be very much appreciated. ( Or should one not ask these questions !)
Best Regards,

Andy Rudd
QS. Sally Anne.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Al,
Not sure if we set eyes on you last Wedneday in you QS640 coming in from Languard? Mid Afternoon. We were in our QS500. Second time out!
Feeling are feet at present, or Hull should I say. New to Boat fishing out here. Any suggested Marks that you would recommend for Cod Etc.
Will be very much appreciated. ( Or should one not ask these questions !)
Best Regards,

Andy Rudd
QS. Sally Anne.
[email protected]
Nope, wasn't me Andy :)

Where is your boat moored Andy, or do you trailer it?

AL ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts