Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

off to bristol channel on a boat Wednesday
Need some tip's
Rig's, bait
And what size weight's do you boy's n girls use
I fish for cod off chesil beach from the beach :With pennel rig's and size 4 hook's 4/5oz lead
bait: rag worm lug squid crab etc.

But i no some of you use pirks & Muppets, Skirts, Squid ....Just want to get some things ready so i dont get on the skipper's tit's lol :clap2:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Right here we go then you will need around 8-10 oz lead if on mono mainline or 6-8oz if on braid. Attach said lead to a zip slider on the mainline then add bead and swivel to make a simple running ledger rig. Attach around 5ft of 50-80lb mono depending on target to the swivel and finish the rig off with penneled 6/0 varivas big mouth extra's. Take some of your own bait like hermits and black lug to give you the edge over the rest of the boat and get on the back to trot your lead down tide and away from the scare zone under the boat ;) That set up is for downtiding, if you are uptiding then swap the plain lead for a long tail fixed wired gripper and hang the bait off the wires when casting. Hope this helps bud :thumbs:

sent from my new GT I9100 As some little scumbag robbed my last one

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers dude going shoping tomoz for some bigger leads:yeah: lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i normaly use 5-6ounce weight running ledger squid black normal lug bluey mackerel rag
atm black does some job
hope its help :)
Thank's dude nice one for the pointers

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cart go out the weather is going to be rubbish..Skipper told me not worth me going all that way and its ruff .....Will have to rebook :schmoll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.