World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at last a break in the weather coincides with a time i can go fishing...
quite an eventful day in a number of ways. didnt get out as soon as we would have liked so missed out a tide.
first we gathered sandeel and joey's for bait before trying a new mark for Bass, had a few drifts but not much happening, probably due to not too much run so off we went to give a wreck a go on the slacker water. first drift saw 3 plump summer codling on board, all around 5lb, this carried on through all drifts with cod coming in every drift, lots of smaller fish returned and some nice fish up to 8 1/2lb kept. also 2 great Bass of 9lb and 12 1/2lb taken on shads. i lost s*** loads of gear but dick fishing next to me only lost one shad, funny how it goes. once the tide had started running again we headed for a recognised bass mark which produced a few nice fish up 6lb but its getting to that time of year when they really do seem to thin out offshore.
a great day out again with some great company.

sorry no pics as i slipped during the morning resulting in a nice purple bruise on my thigh and a phone screen that only produces pretty coloured lines now...:cry:

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Nice fishing,shame about the phone fella !!!!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Very nice fish indeed. Were you out Aldeburgh way? No need to answer the Q, or you could have just forgotten to put it in your report SH.

·
Registered
730 Posts
nice report and some nice fish smoothound.

You say the big bass seem to thin out offshore about this time, is that because you think they move upriver or in shore?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw the '9lb' bass.
Your scales, Marv ? :laugh:
no mate, although i do have some new ones now, they were on ians scales

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one Marv!
Who had the big Bass, yourself, Dick or Gary? Sounds like another great trip!

Dave
was Gary....jammy git...LOL

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice report and some nice fish smoothound.

You say the big bass seem to thin out offshore about this time, is that because you think they move upriver or in shore?
not really sure but you should stand a good chance of some decent fish close in and in the rivers around August / September

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Well done Marv, some nice fish comin aboard mate.
Hopefully, i'll be out again FINALLY off Orford on Sunday :)

AL ..

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well done mate pity i couldnt go as i was camping at cromer.

may be get another trip in before long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts