World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 of us fished Ogmore last night, we were heading for the deeps but left Newport late and by the time we got there (7pm) the ledges were full. There were loads of people fishing all along the coastline, but we ended up finding a spot not far from the lawns.

Started off badly with a few of us loosing tackle and no fish, as the sun went down things got better. Plenty of dogs and whiting around and had a few suprises with two 5 bearded rockling caught by Shane B and some sort of wierd blenny type thing caught by myself.

Two of the lads went home at 11pm but we fished on following the tide all the way down to the sand. We even managed to get most of the rigs back we lost and release a few dogfish attached to them.We packed up around 1.30am and headed for home after a nice nights fishing, no rays but plenty of bites and fish to keep as amused.:)

A decent send off for Joseph the Dogmiester who is off to serve in Iraq at the start of May and might not be able to make another trip with us before he goes. I wish him ATB and hope hes back home safe and sound just in time for the cod season.:clap3:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
5 of us fished Ogmore last night, we were heading for the deeps but left Newport late and by the time we got there (7pm) the ledges were full. There were loads of people fishing all along the coastline, but we ended up finding a spot not far from the lawns.

Started off badly with a few of us loosing tackle and no fish, as the sun went down things got better. Plenty of dogs and whiting around and had a few suprises with two 5 bearded rockling caught by Shane B and some sort of wierd blenny type thing caught by myself.

Two of the lads went home at 11pm but we fished on following the tide all the way down to the sand. We even managed to get most of the rigs back we lost and release a few dogfish attached to them.We packed up around 1.30am and headed for home after a nice nights fishing, no rays but plenty of bites and fish to keep as amused.:)

A decent send off for Joseph the Dogmiester who is off to serve in Iraq at the start of May and might not be able to make another trip with us before he goes. I wish him ATB and hope hes back home safe and sound just in time for the cod season.:clap3:
:clap3: well done m8 good pic 2:clap3: TIGHT LINES

1 - 4 of 4 Posts