World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on going out in search of a Ray or two tomorrow as I am off work.
Only problem is the small tides!!:g:

Have been told that there is a mark at ogmore with a nice big sloping ledge which is ideal for the smaller tides, locals refer to it as the lawn or something along that line.
Been a while since I have fished ogmore, and then I have only fished the deeps.

Could someone please tell me more of this mark. If iam correct I believe you go down to the shore between the post office and the shop, however this does not mean much to me!

·
Registered
74 Posts
hi mate,
if you park in the far left of the main car park down at ogmore and walk east, you'll pass a shingle beach, the lawns are a flat series of ledges sloping into the sea, there about 200+ yards after the shingle beach. There quite obvious to spot as there the only flatish ledges there. if you got august 2006 sea angler theres a write up in there about it. Had a nice 8lb small eyed off there a few weeks back :) . hope that helps. Good luck

tight lines

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate,
if you park in the far left of the main car park down at ogmore and walk east, you'll pass a shingle beach, the lawns are a flat series of ledges sloping into the sea, there about 200+ yards after the shingle beach. There quite obvious to spot as there the only flatish ledges there. if you got august 2006 sea angler theres a write up in there about it. Had a nice 8lb small eyed off there a few weeks back :) . hope that helps. Good luck

tight lines[/QUO

Thanks for the advice fixedspool. Is the main car park the first right as you get into the village? Just looking at ogmore on google earth, I take it the ledges are overlooking a sandy bay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts