World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, the website for the parking says Ogmore Beach car park closes at 8pm, is this correct? and where else can you park close to the estuary/beach?
many thanks in advance for any info
simon

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have now people too still get down there in the evening too fish as I have passed and seen cars down there motorhomes parked up over night and also lights off the rock fishing .
hope this helps .
tight lines
simon

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi I have been in deep discussion with the vale council last week and what I've been told the camera system is now active while the gates will not actually be closed the ANPR camera's recognise if you leave after 8pm you will automatically be sent a £70 fine through the post because the carpark is only open between the hours of 8am & 8pm if you enter before 8am or leave after 8pm you will receive a fine also if there are any blue badge holders on here who wish to still use the carpark for free because all vale coastal carparks are free to holders must register their vehicle registration with vale council the relevant information can be found on the vale coastal parking website

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi I have been in deep discussion with the vale council last week and what I've been told the camera system is now active while the gates will not actually be closed the ANPR camera's recognise if you leave after 8pm you will automatically be sent a £70 fine through the post because the carpark is only open between the hours of 8am & 8pm if you enter before 8am or leave after 8pm you will receive a fine also if there are any blue badge holders on here who wish to still use the carpark for free because all vale coastal carparks are free to holders must register their vehicle registration with vale council the relevant information can be found on the vale coastal parking website
You could cover up your number plates if fishing after 8.

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
That's the one we used when we park to fish the deeps walk down the grassy hill then mate
Yeh bare left for the deeps or if you go to the right. You can follow the path all the way back to the main carpark. Long walk and that hill coming back.

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
I would assume the gates are left open after 8 pm to allow local plod access after hours.
Money making scam by the council.
Leave gate open.
Punters drive in and out
ANPR snaps the numbers
Council sends out £70 fine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts