World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started on the beach at ogmore, the weather was blowing a bit to hard for the deeps, where i had planed to go . got there about 5.30pm and fish for about an hour, with sandeel and rag . i had 1 small bass of about 1lb and then the weed desided to make a show, so desided to go for an easy fish on porthcawl peir . first cast had a dog . then on the next cast a smalleyed ray of about 1lb and then nothing til about 9.30 . and another ray of about 3 1/2lb , on the next cast another ray of about 5lb . on my last cast another ray of about 6lb (bigest so far this year) .no weed on the peir until the tide started to run out ,but even then it wasn't as bad as ogmore. all in all a good nights fishing . all fish cought on sandeel . at least the rain and wind kept the smell down abit ,can only gess how bad the smell must have been in that hot weather .
this we will be my last report for a couple of weaks ,as i'm off on my holiday ,so tight lines and good fishing one and all . see you all at the comp when i get back .Dai

·
Registered
114 Posts
nice sess on them rays m8......i was wondering how you would manage the wind lol!!....have a 'mellow' hol....see you at the match.....im in!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Good sesh there m8. Sometimes it's good to move venues if it's not happening

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
good session dai, have a good holiday mate and don't drink to much!!!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
started on the beach at ogmore, the weather was blowing a bit to hard for the deeps, where i had planed to go . got there about 5.30pm and fish for about an hour, with sandeel and rag . i had 1 small bass of about 1lb and then the weed desided to make a show, so desided to go for an easy fish on porthcawl peir . first cast had a dog . then on the next cast a smalleyed ray of about 1lb and then nothing til about 9.30 . and another ray of about 3 1/2lb , on the next cast another ray of about 5lb . on my last cast another ray of about 6lb (bigest so far this year) .no weed on the peir until the tide started to run out ,but even then it wasn't as bad as ogmore. all in all a good nights fishing . all fish cought on sandeel . at least the rain and wind kept the smell down abit ,can only gess how bad the smell must have been in that hot weather .
this we will be my last report for a couple of weaks ,as i'm off on my holiday ,so tight lines and good fishing one and all . see you all at the comp when i get back .Dai
good sesh there m8 well done:clap3: TIGHT LINES

1 - 9 of 9 Posts