World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Deeps again this morning, 6:30-11:30, lovely weather again. Baits used were macky and sandeel. Caught two whiting, the smallest pouting I've ever seen and three doggies, one of which I think may have been a huss. Look at the pics, the first is a doggy I'm quite sure, but the fish in the second piccy looks darker and more spotted, could anyone tell me if this is a huss having never caught or seen one before????:g: :g: :g:

All the fish were caught before high water apart from one whiting, not like wednesday when I went there when all the fish came after high. A soon as high water came today everything went quiet, strange. Didn't even know the whiting where there and the doggies were fighting like mad, perhaps this could be the start of the changeover??

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
stop trying to increase your speicies tally...lol:)
give us a tinkle if your out on the weekend.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
well in there m8 - nice session.....

i would say it was a darker doggie....

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
Whilst looking at species sites, I found that there is also a species called the 'blackmouth dogfish' lovely looking thing, anyone ever seen or caught one????
im pretty sure they are mainly caught around scotland way mate.....

·
Registered
686 Posts
can't tell the difference between dogs and huss from looking from above normally. one way to tell is turn them over, the dogfish's nostrils will run into the mouth, if the nostrils have a slit reaching the mouth then inevitably it will be a dog. and the bullhuss's nostrils will be away from the mouth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts