World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the deeps today from 9.30 until 15.30. Was on my own most of the morning only two of us from dinner time until I left.
Lovely day , cracking weather and the fishing was good. I ended up with a tally of 15 doggies, 2 whiting, 1 rockling and a seagull.
All caught on sand eel, mackeral, lug and rag, singly and in cocktail, in close and as far as i could throw it and all distances in between.
Pulled out of the two best fish, 1 probably a doggy, by the fight nothing to it, but the other was lunging and pulling a real good resistance my CME was bent double probably a conger , never mind just another fishermans tale.
The seagull flew into my line as I cast and got his leg tangled. managed to haul him onto the ledge and into a rock pool, he was very calm and let me cut all the line off didnt even try to attack me. once released he flew off and rejoined his mates. hopefully no lasting damage.
There were a few people fishing off the rocks in front of the carpark, anybody from the forum and if so did you catch anything?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
good session mate, shame about the one that got away but it happens to the best of us. dont forget to add the seagull to your species list...lol:) :clap3:

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi im wondering if you could help me. I'm relatively new to the area could you tell me how to get to ogmore deeps? and what ground is there is it rough? I know where ogmore beach is but thats it

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi im wondering if you could help me. I'm relatively new to the area could you tell me how to get to ogmore deeps? and what ground is there is it rough? I know where ogmore beach is but thats it
Go to the far east end of the car park and park as close as you can to the wall. Walk through the gap in the wall for 10-15 minutes east, once you see the ledges to fish off thats the deeps, you will recognise them when you see them as you will think what a great spot to fish. Others on the site can advise of the best tides to fish but I have never fished more than a 11.5m (newport scale), also be careful of big swell backed up by west/ south west winds, plenty of reports of people being washed off. Ground is generally onto sand so clean, the odd snag but nothing major. nice spot, never failed to catch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts