World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 6 - 11:30 this morning. Beautiful day, no wind, nice and warm and the water was as calm as it could get on a massive tide. Baits were mackerel, sandeel, razorfish annd I tried a variety pike bait pack. Had to go up the ledges for an hour over high water just to be on the safe side.

Not much happened up till high water, then just after I landed a pin whiting. Had a lovely bite, but the fish, which felt tidy, took me into a snag, so I gave it line a few times and eventually I pulled it out and landed a lovely doggie, must have been pushing 3lb. One more whiting and two more doggies ended a good day on the fish front. All fish fell to either macky or sandeel.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

However, I did trip over whilst holding my old Penn Powerstick which has been really good to me over the past seven years, but unfortuantely about 10 inches snapped off the top. Not sure if it can be fixed back or a new tip replaced, anyone got any ideas or the person for the job, and is it worth the cost????:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
nice one mate, gutting about the rod though, you liked that one. just aswell you bought the other one.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well in there m8 - nice session!
sorry to hear about the rod... nice doggie though - sure it was'nt a huss???

·
Registered
585 Posts
nice doggie mate welldone, reg in barry is the only one i know that will advise you on the rod its a bitch when that happens hard luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts