World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and BiG DEE fished Ogmore Deeps yesterday..

from 5pm till 1am

nice peaceful night

Saw a Dolphin swimming about,very dark colour..nice too see..

Between us we caught 36 fish

30 of those were doggies,4 whiting(healthy for change),a nice sized pouting
And a 3lb Codling...ALL RETURNED! :cool:

I was having a bad night,,for i missed 12 YES 12!!!!damn good bites when using sandeel..dunno what was going on...(better stop using them rubber hooks).

Big DEE had a huuuge bite,,and was dragging it in,,it was like a dead weight ,,with the occasional thump thump on the rod.but it came off...We reckon it was either Mr Ray or Mr COdlings big brother...We will never know..

Anyway,,a great night was had

·
Registered
113 Posts
marcus i was on witches point lastnite,i seen that big black hump & fin gracefully swimming past about 3oyrds out,i believe it was pourpose (sp) an hr before dark

·
Registered
300 Posts
that thump thump was prolly a nice cod
also nice 1 with all them catches

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi marcus could you tell me where the deeps are exactly went down ogmore for a drive for the first time today saw people fishing by the estaury and then up near a little bay but it looks like a nice place to fish any info would be great thanx

·
Registered
186 Posts
fished the lawns this morning, we had a codling as well and the porpoise was still about.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Marcus I was there last night with my mate from 6:00pm till about 2:00am. there were some guys to the left of us in flotation suits on the higher ledges. dunno if that was you was it..?

We had dogggies and a conger..

Nice night though

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi ant,,the deeps are the otherside of ogmore village,,

U park your car on the grassy bank by the second cattlegrid,and walk across the road...make your way down the hill and turn left,, you will notice a set of relatively flat ledges some higher than others...this is the deeps..

Plz note,,if you havent fished it before dont go alone,dont fish the higher tides,,and definaty dont fish in bad weather,,Try and go down with someone who knows the area,or go down in daylight at low tide and survey the area..

Welcome to Wsf the site mate

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
hi ja5son I think you were fishing on the far left ledges me and marcus were the on the first set of ledges you comes across. we were the only ones on that particuler bit all the others that I could see were over on the same shelf as yourself.i had a quick chat with a couple of lads on the car park afterwards .was that you? if not was that your lamp by the calibra??

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah.. I know where you were. Shame I did'nt know you were going to be there. I could of sneaked over and nicked your bait... :).

Some guys actually turned up at about 1:00 am well after the turn. And he had one of those Bl**dy bells on his rod.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
coz i was gonna nick That lamp!!!!..but dee talked me out of it...lol :cool:

HArdcore THEIVERY!

SNEAKED OVER AND NICKED ME BAIT?????????The cheek! :eek:

and yeah them rod bells should be banned!!

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
yeah we seen them turning up.they took enough time to decide to squeeze in on that farly packed shelf considering allmost the rest of the deeps was empty .
MADMEN

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ah.. Me and my mate were directly to the right of you then. What car park do you use I parked near the unfinished (Hotel or flats). I've never been further round than that. Is there another car park..

I did'nt speak to any other anglers. I don't talk to strangers, especially purple hippo's.. lol

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
was parked in the same place, sliver cav two blokes i chatted to were in a fiesta said thay caucght dogs and a few whiting but someone else down there had a 7ib small eye.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah,,well i dont talk to penguins with guns!!!..

anyway...u wouldnt wanna talk to DEE..he got a stutter,,and besides gobbing all over ur face,,,u wouldnt keep a straight face..I known him for years,(he is my brother like) and i have to leave the room when he starts talking..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts