World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Ogmore Deeps Today

966 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Marcus 
#1 ·
:) Fished the deeps with peppy to-day from 10 til 4,using mack,squid,sandeel,& ragworm.Pretty slow to start with but the old pin whitings started to come to the hook regularly.I hit in to a turbot just before top water,one more for my species list.I ended up with five turbot and four whiting,peppy with six whiting one of which nearly took his rod in to the briny,probably round the lb mark.All fish put back to fight another day:clap3: ,great weather and good fishing.Peppy will put piccy of turbot up later,regards alan.w:)

#7 ·
Hi buddy - As rockling said just wait till the tides build up - You usually find that if the weather is calm and bright on the small tides a lot of the fish particularly the dogs move out during the daylight and move back in after dark( marks like the knap and nashsands often die completely during daylight on such days and tides) . But hey you still had a good day out catching while I was in work wishing I was out fishing good on you m8 :)

#8 ·
:) Fished the deeps with peppy to-day from 10 til 4,using mack,squid,sandeel,& ragworm.Pretty slow to start with but the old pin whitings started to come to the hook regularly.I hit in to a turbot just before top water,one more for my species list.I ended up with five turbot and four whiting,peppy with six whiting one of which nearly took his rod in to the briny,probably round the lb mark.All fish put back to fight another day:clap3: ,great weather and good fishing.Peppy will put piccy of turbot up later,regards alan.w:)[/QUOTE

well done lads:clap3: TIGHT LINES

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.