World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one I'm new to this site and was wondering if any one has any info on the best tides to fish at the deeps. I've heard that you need quite a big tide but no one I've spoken to knows what quite a big tide is.

I know it can be a dangerous venue is the conditions are wrong (wind/tide ect..) but have little idea on tide sizes. have fished there a couple of times over the years but with no great luck and would like to improve my chances......

Any info would be greatfully recived

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome to the site m8, i dont no ogmore that well but wait a bit and some 1 on here will help u out m8, thats for certain.. dont 4get we av a chat room in the evenings, every body is made welcome..usually anytime between 8 till late, but depends wots on the tv,some people come in there 9 or 10 ish, ,, psss. i think some of em watch the soaps,, but dont say i told you, ok, wink..

·
Registered
737 Posts
fished there sunday plenty of dogs whiting upto 2lb pouting the odd conger and ray guy fishing next to us stated that they have been cathching plenty of bass upto 3lb and the previous week he had a 25lb conger but also he has seen no cod this year? the baits we took were worm ,crab,mackie,razor and sandeel,all fish were caught on the fish baits didnt have a bite on worm or crab.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
BIG tides(over 11ish metres),High winds or more than 6 people fishing there,,and you can forget it..

always had luck with the fish there,,conger,whiting,pouting,flatties,,but as you say,,no cod..

·
Registered
331 Posts
Me and my brotherinlaw fished down the deeps and all that we were catching was dogs until i nearly lost my rod didnt get 2 land it because i didnt have my drag set so i dont know what it was but it was a big1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts