World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the deeps today, 2 hours up 2 hours down, had a few nice bites but missed them. packed down there didn't see any fish come out at all. Speaking to some lads that had fished from 2am too 2pm 4 whitting and some snow!!!, all on maky apart from the snow, bites sarted when the tide turned too go out.

P.S don't forget to put your handbrake on when you park the car cos it has a habit of hitting the one in front, silly bugger

tight lines and good luck
doggy.

·
Registered
737 Posts
we fished the deeps yesterday and between four of us we must have had forty whiting .all were caght on fish baits we fished from 12 to 8 strange the dogs didnt put in an apperance majority of fish came onthe ebb.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where abouts on the deeps did you fish? cos most people didn't seem to catch much on the right hand side. sounds like you lot had a good days fishing, next time i'll have to get their early i think (before the place gets packed).

·
Registered
737 Posts
we were fishing the last but one ledge on the right the guy just to the left of me seemed to do even better he left early. like i said most fish came on the ebbabout 2-3 hours down.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The deeps is best fished in calm conditions (northerely wind) on a mid range or small tide. Ebb tide is always best here.

Fishing here on a big tide with a big sea at night is asking for trouble, its a very dangerous mark.

Forget worm here, its deep water and makeral, herring , sandeel and squid work best.

I havnt fished there for a couple of years, the litter is disgusting down there, another place bad for it is Porthcawl Pier.

·
Registered
737 Posts
not just the litter someone left a load of dead whiting in a rockpool .please if you dont think that you want any of the fish that you have caught put them back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts