World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in, the fishing was crap & the weather was great. All that was caught (around my area) was a small strap conger (3-4lb ish) i had using s/eel & bluey (i beat the blank). I got chatting to 2 fellas from caerphilly (mike & alan) who were swell. AND talking of swells, does anyone own the arrowsmith tide book & could they tell me what the tide was (height) for cardiff today. As we were fishing, the waves were filling up the area behind us, so either the swells were huge or the tide was bigger than i realised. :blink: 1 blokes tripod & 2 rods were knocked over by one such wave & he got soaked (he didnt seem impressed) "i hope your gear was ok though mate". But honestly though, what a crap sesh. :uhuh: I was actually heading for witches, until i got near bridgend & realised that i left my main headlight at home. :banghead::doh: There were about 7-8 anglers there (roughly) & not much going on. I would have blanked if i'd stayed at home though. :thumbs:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
at least you didnt blank

arrowsmiths says 11.6m for cardiff,

from what i been told with the new system they use in the book add 0.6m to that to get the heights as they would have been in last years book....the ones we are all used to.....so 12.2m

hope this helps bit confused myself lol

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Well done on having a go and least you avoided the blank

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
at least you didnt blank

arrowsmiths says 11.6m for cardiff,

from what i been told with the new system they use in the book add 0.6m to that to get the heights as they would have been in last years book....the ones we are all used to.....so 12.2m

hope this helps bit confused myself lol
Cheers for that :confused: (i think) :roll1:
I normally think against fishing the deeps over a 12m tide, especially with a s/ westerly. I hav'nt bought the arrowsmith book this year cos they cocked up the tides for barry, so i dont have a clue of the height when i look at any other tide books. Thanks again.
Hope you & deejay are getting into the fish. :thumbs:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Cheers for that :confused: (i think) :roll1:
I normally think against fishing the deeps over a 12m tide, especially with a s/ westerly. I hav'nt bought the arrowsmith book this year cos they cocked up the tides for barry, so i dont have a clue of the height when i look at any other tide books. Thanks again.
It confuses me but thats what i was told lol
I didnt know there was a problem with the tides for Barry in the book

Hope you & deejay are getting into the fish. :thumbs:
cheers butty We're doing ok......he's miles better than me with the lures though:busted_co

·
Registered
35 Posts
It confuses me but thats what i was told lol
I didnt know there was a problem with the tides for Barry in the book

For Barry you need to add 3.3m to everything to get the old values you are used to. For example and old 15.0m spring tide will now read 11.7m in this years book. They havent cocked it up, its just that they have re-calibrated it, so this what it will be like every year from now on.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
For Barry you need to add 3.3m to everything to get the old values you are used to. For example and old 15.0m spring tide will now read 11.7m in this years book. They havent cocked it up, its just that they have re-calibrated it, so this what it will be like every year from now on.

Yeah I know its not a **** up...what you said is near enough what I meant.........i was told 3.2m for barry but its near enought there

when fish fumbler said they'd been cocked up i thought he meant the times not the heights.....I know arrowsmiths is gonna be like that from now but it'll take some getting used to

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry lads, my mistake. I probably wont bother getting one for the rest of this though. T hanks for putting me straight.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wouldn`t bother with the deeps until say october when the whiting arrive and the big conger`s are feeding on them ;). The deeps does go rather " pants" during the summer months :thumbdown

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I wouldn`t bother with the deeps until say october when the whiting arrive and the big conger`s are feeding on them ;). The deeps does go rather " pants" during the summer months :thumbdown
I been down there 3/4 times a month this summer and the first time i went i had 17 dog fish then blank after blank after blank but saying that i going down there the weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi kev.thank you for the info leading to this site.hope i have the time to visit it regulary now.mike and i enjoyed the exchange of words and enjoyed our unfruitfull day out just the same keep the line tight,see you again in the future. alan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts