World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:g: Ok all up for a laugh.....Where is the "DEEPS", fished here a few times but never that good, could be the time of year ive gone, but its always got good reports hence me coming from Chepstow to fish it.
I mostly fish the area to the far left of the carpark(as you look out to sea) in a little clear area of sand between some rocks, i believe the deeps are out on the rocks to the left of me, like to get down here over easter mon/tues, for a spot of doggies(good fun fish only ever caught them of a boat, told good fun from shore) so any help with baits, (i guess sand eels, macky, squid and rag will do) tides etc will be a great help.
thanks all.:notworthy

·
Registered
335 Posts
think you got the area mixed up m8, no sand near the deeps.
easiest way to get there is to drive through ogmore village until you come to a small car park on the left. then head towards the sea till you come to lots of bramble/stingy things. theres sheep tracks through to follow. go left towards southerndown and the deeps are pretty much the furthest point you can walk to

hope this helped a little :)

ps. ill be fishing there from saturday until tuesday if you need help finding it

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate i know where you mean, yep i was miles away!:doh: .
Hope to get there tues, what time tides etc and how many hours either side of high tide can you fish.
If i do go will send message to let you know, may ssee you, good luck:notworthy :clap2:

·
Registered
335 Posts
am 10.35
pm 23.10

i usually fish 3hours up 2 down at the deeps. be there this afternoon so ill let you know how its doing down there. btw deeps fish best in the dark or on dull overcast days. no good fishing in the sun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts