World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wondering whether someone could give some advice on fishing Ogmore?!

Fished there for the first time last week with a mate and had loads of nice whiting & blinkin doggies!! One of the whiting (around the 1lb mark) was mullered by something large that I was attached to for a while - guess a conger!

Decided to and give it another go a few nights later armed with heavier gear, and fished with 2 rods - one for whiting etc and the heavier gear with Mack/squid etc.

idea was to live bait a whiting when we caught 1. Do you think that we could get a whiting!?!?!? No way Jose!!!!!!!

Any suggestions/help/advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
370 Posts
what date did you got fishing last down ogmoer mate?
What ledge did you go off also?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was there last tueday (30/11/04). Parked at the east side ofthe village, then walked straight down on the path that goes through the gorse etc.

fished off the ledge directly underneath the path (if you can call it a path!).

pleanty ofwhiting to be had.

will probbaly look at fishing high tide on the next set of springs (next week).

are there any better marks in ogmore, with the chance of conger/cod etc?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Only been to ogmore once recently, i used to go alot with my father but never had anything(my father did), went a few weeks back but didnt have anything. i usually go of the end ledge that where the mojority try and head for, a favourite matrk for me is witches point not far from ogmore, the odd conger is around there, but only ever had bass and pollack back in the summer, any cod off ogmore, been fishing good hasnt it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts