World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
nice 1 m8.... went there the other day with me bro and blanked... again!! lol nice evening though so cant grumble.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The lower estuary has been a little disappointing of late, last twice I have been there I blanked :( .
I was talking to an old guy down there one day and he told me to go up to the corner by the white house and fish it with rag taken from the same area.
Apparently this is deadly for all kinds of fish including mullet if the hooks are small enough.
Has anyone else heared of this mark.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes this is a good spot for all sorts der is a a big stone box thing this spot is quite good yes i did return the sea trout i ave also had a few more bigger ones to 7lb this season cos i am a member of the river i ave also ad bass as far up as ogmore castle car park
sal

·
Registered
472 Posts
salmon said:
yes this is a good spot for all sorts der is a a big stone box thing this spot is quite good yes i did return the sea trout i ave also had a few more bigger ones to 7lb this season cos i am a member of the river i ave also ad bass as far up as ogmore castle car park
sal
being the hardy ray meers type walker (so long as my feet don’t hurt to much :) )
On occasions I have walked from Tonypandy to ogmore beach.
The way I walk takes me down from the nant blaenogwr all the way to the ogmore estuary. Following the ogmore river fach and so on.

Anyway just below Blackwood pub there is a walk to the side of the river.

While walking down this walk I saw about at least a 7lb salmon fighting it way over a small ford, half of its back was exposed over the water. I was amazed at this sight the only times I have seen salmon this size was in the teifi in west wales.

I spoke to my old man about this who is a hardcore fly fisherman and It seem the ogwr is quite a sexy salmon river.
However as I got down into brynmenyn there were gangs of youngsters fishing with hand lines which kinda put me off a little.

what kind of licence have you got, how much is it ? what style of fishing is used there legally ?? Can you fish worm spinner at the same price as fly???

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the The annual subscription for adult members is £75 for junior members is £30 and for senior citizens is £30 for the first season adult members have to pay £100 joining fee .you r only allowed to fly fish up until the 16th of june nd then on u can u can use any method but only one rod and line r allowed with the banned baits bein maggots bread and power baits
my biggest salmon is 10lb
my biggest sea trout is 12 nd half me nd my family have had numerous fish up 2 tht size . it is a very good river wich is gaining status every year
their site will give u more info
http://www.ogmoreriver.com/index.php

1 - 7 of 7 Posts