World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard of a lot of flounder spiking down the estuary at night so if any1 is down there at night sees light in the estuary head lamp lights mainly go and check it out weve got 2 save our fish they will wipe the place out ive gone down 1 or twice but havent seen anything i will keep looking if i do find any1 i will phone the police they should do somthing TIGHT LINES ALL.

·
Registered
747 Posts
sorry to sound thick mate but what is flounder spiking?????

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to sound thick mate but what is flounder spiking?????
walking up a river with head lamps on finding fish (flounder)and stiking a spike through them pourching it is really.:schmoll:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
The SWSFC are looking at banning it, but at the moment there is no law against it, so cool heads or somebody might quite rightly tell you to go away in short jerky movements, & they might be bigger as well!:boxing:
blueskip

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
thought so skip!as skip says be carefull if your thinking about tackling these people!remember they got a big fork in their hands!!!

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
i like the sound of this think i will pop down and join them:unsure:

sorry mate dident see your foot thought it was a fat flounder:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I used to do it years ago in Burry Port Harbour, before they built the marina, I used to dig black lug just outside the harbour entrance at low water, then walk up the stream running through the harbour, & catch a few flatties with my hands, then go home & have them for tea.
I never blanked on bait digging days, but blanked plenty of times the next day when I went out to use the worms! There has to be a moral in that story somewhere?
blueskip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts