World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went fishing today with the prawn:wheelchai as per normal, got down ogmore at about 2.30 deeps was a bit full so we decided to give the lawns a go, see if we could hunt down those elusive rays.:g: . After about an hour and a very freak but brief rain storm had my first bite which was a woofer :) . followed by a woofer for the prawn. Decided to tip my next sand eel with a nice smelly crab see if that gots the rays attention, 40 mins plooded by still no bite :schmoll: . Then i had a massive whack follwed by slack line, pick up the rod wound like crazy :crazy: and struck. After a 10 min scrap finally got my fish to the surface to see my first blondie of the year :yahoo:. was about 7-8lb in weight my biggest ever ray :bounce: :) . fished about 4 hours down resulting in 3 doggies and a ray for me, and 3 doggies for the prawn, some of the doggies were real good scrappers and good size. nice sess, lovely day and great to see the rays about.

tight lines all

:) :clap2:

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
cracking ray mate. nice little session there. well done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
small eyed is it, cheers mate. What are the differences between small eyes and blonde rays? can never tell which one is which

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Good sesh mate, good to see someone else catching on Prawn. I've been ranting on about it for some time now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice One Mate Thinking Of Going Down There Yesterday But Didnt,roll On The Next Couple Of Months When I Can Get Down Sealawns Or Stout After Those Rays!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well in there guys nice session!
a tidy small eyed aswell - well done!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts