World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, have not posted for a while due to new house and immenent baby, anyways decided that I would go out and fish ogmore on saturday for a couple of hours in the hope of some bass.

Arrived there at about 20:30 with a shedload of peeler. Decided to fish quite close in at about 40yds, first cast of the day was only out for about 3 mins and wallop, my first ever smoothy, weighing just over 8lb

After this casted straight back out about the same distance, nothing for about 30 mins then a slackliner, wound in a little and prepared for the scrap and boy did go, finally landed another smoothy weighing a little over 10lb

Again after this straight casted back out , missed 2 cracking bites and then nothing for another 30 mins or so, just as it was getting dark i had another take, this time another smoothy at 5.5lb

Went back down there yesterday for a few more hours, only had one peeler though, had another smoothy on the first cast weighing about 6 lb, I then had to change bait, tried squid, sandeel and macky. not another touch all night, I will post the photos later when i get them off my phone

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
very nice. may try there some time this week. working nights for the next few days. Peeler seems the bait of choice there then. Will have to lay my hands on some!.

Looking forward to your pics m8, sounds like you had a great session.

Jon

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
well done m8, sounds like you had a cracking session. Keep em tight. Mad one.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
hmmmm nice session myself and squid-u-like tried it last night on the shingle i used crab on one rod and blasted it to the horizon and the other was on worm close range what did we catch nothing zip nil both of us blanked not even a touch and the crab were really good peelers too makes me wish i went back to fonty lol tight lines

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep, had some lovely small tope off the rocks at Porthcawl, just as the sun was going down on Friday evening. Small pouting too, but shame about the number of doggies hitting most every cast.

Mackerel in, east of Aberavon yet???

The hounds sound fun.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In response to the question above about where i was fishing, if you go to the far corner of the car park where the gate is, walk through the gate about 20 yds, then walk down onto the rocks, there is a gully/opening there cut into the rocks, thats where i fish from whenever im down there, the bass on my profile photo was caught there also, as for the shingle beach, I have never caught anything there. I will get the photos up tonight guys

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
In response to the question above about where i was fishing, if you go to the far corner of the car park where the gate is, walk through the gate about 20 yds, then walk down onto the rocks, there is a gully/opening there cut into the rocks, thats where i fish from whenever im down there, the bass on my profile photo was caught there also, as for the shingle beach, I have never caught anything there. I will get the photos up tonight guys

Thats cod's gulley!!! (I don't think it's aptly named these days LOL)

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
ahhhh now we know where you fished cods gulley nice spot that and yes i have too agree the shingle don`t fish at all well during the summer tight lines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts