World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, if any of you have been reading my posts you know im a novice to this sea game! After about a month of crap sessions down porthcawl i thought i'd go back to my roots and go spinning down ogmore. First time ever and I caught two bass, on 2lb one 2lb 2oz, as you can imagine im chuffed to bits. Photo's soon!

·
Registered
325 Posts
well done mart nice to see the spinning start to work hopefully ill be able to have a go sunday,well done!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Martin

Happy Days. Good to know that they around hopefully the english side of the channel will be as productive as the Welsh side. Will let everyone know after the wekend.

Woodster

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
martin_ripper said:
Hi, if any of you have been reading my posts you know im a novice to this sea game! After about a month of crap sessions down porthcawl i thought i'd go back to my roots and go spinning down ogmore. First time ever and I caught two bass, on 2lb one 2lb 2oz, as you can imagine im chuffed to bits. Photo's soon!
Where did you spin in Ogmore, was it on the estuary? Have had very limited success with spinning, fished on the mouth once and i could see lots of bass in the water only a couple of feet in front of me, but could not get one take!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah just the estuary right off the ramp thingy! guy in the fishing shop told me people were having luck casting into the surf but i fell in trying that (hahaha dont laugh) so i just worked my way up the river but didnt work any further than the first bend in the estuary. only fished for an hour thirty! still buzzing off it!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well done Martin! This is a great news as I intend to fish the Ogmore estuary next Monday. What lure did you catch the bass on?
If someone fishes the estuary on Monday say hallow!
This is a photo of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
you cant fault the dexter wedge i was going to use it for my web name!. i hooked into something enormous last summer down worms head ,it pulled me all over the place and then dived down behind some rocks,snapped the line and made off with my wedge! i thought of putting up a reward for its safe return, but then i thought if he wanted it that badly he can keep it !.if your going to spin into the surf, try using a sandeel like spinner about 5 inches long, its just like a thin silver bar with a treble on the back,casting into the surf until it hits the sand and jerk retrieve it, that can be quite productive, but obviously you can only do that on sand, i usually spin top tide over rocks, you can be unlucky and lose your gear on the rocks, or catch a clonker, i personally only spin on tides over 11.5 metres swansea table,anyway good luck.

V

·
0 Posts
hi martin,did'nt mean to cause offence with my last reply,glad you've caught(more than i did today!!)thought you like to know of a cheap rod that stand's up to the test. try the 12ft leeda ikon 6-8 oz,brought one last year for rough rock type fishing,cost me £33 pound,it's no penn ppt,but it will take the knock's no probs. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have one of those sand eel thingy's but never knew you had to wait until it hits the sand (makes sense when you think about it). and viper no worries, ive kinda fixed my rod and will give it a couple of months before i upgrade. the bass have cheered me up no end anyway :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts