World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
hi mate the deeps is a good place to fish.but can be a bit dangerous when the tides are high,esp with the wind behind it.as the name suggest it is very deep when the tide comes in, At high tide you can log it 20yds and be in 25-30ft of water.It is a long plataeu of rocks with marks changing from rock to sand with the odd coral reef and mussel bed thrown in for good measure.its about a 10 min walk form the carpark and its mostly downhill but make sure you got everything you need as the walk back up is a killer with a floaty on.most baits are productive but lug tipped with squid or whole squid seem to catch any bigger cod that are about.there is a very strong race that deve;ops after the turn of the tide and in my opinion is best fished 3hrs up and 1 down.its about a 15min car ride from the nearest town with a bait shop(BRIDGEND).ive got some pics of the deeps showing people fishing where some of the better marks (ie sandy bays) are to be found and will foward them if you wish.the pics show a 10.5 mtr at high tide which will give you an idication about how dangerous it can get as some times it will be totally washed over.I was lucky to have grown up in the village of ogmore and have a very deep respect for the place also had some very nice fish from there in the past. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Big Dee, most probably will come over as i travel 130 miles each way to fish the English side, so extra miles wont hurt to much not sure about paying the toll though, as you may guess i'm from Cornwall.Probably stay for a couple of tides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts