World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fishing for about 5 years on and off, never caught anything really worth mentioning! After 15 consecutive blanks and a measley little whiting before that I broke the curse!. Today at the deeps (yes, Ogmore) I got the fight of my life.

Conger Eel in all its slimy glory! Pulled it in with much dramatic grunting and heaving. I had loads of help from the other guys there to grab it onto the shore. Sadly there was no camera available but the crappy little one on my"Ye Olde Bricke" phone so I cant give you a pic. I was informed that it was well into double figures so i assumed 10-12lbs-ish but after seeing the one Rich Pickins pulled in at the knap I recon it must be more because it was a very simalar size.

I am totally chuffed to bits and danced all the way home with well aching arms and a big huge smile.

The fish was about 4 feet long (I recon this because the picture shows its head at my sholder and I remember its tail was just about on the ground. I am 6,2 tall.)

From a very very happy Josh:
Tight lines

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Well done fella, I love the congers they put up a great scrap. I caught the bug for them last year.

If you have a picture I will host it for you no problem. Just pm me for my email addey.

Again...a great fish. :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well done mate, you should get yourself a cheap digital camera from argos, as you never know when you will catch that fish of a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
15 blanks!?! - you must have creamed youself - well done mate :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Well done mate! Its a great pity you were not able to weigh or photograph it. Get yourself a cheap Digi Camera and some scales so you don`t miss the next one!
The one I caught was 5ft 2 inches long. I know because I laid it along my rod and it was slightly longer than my rod butt which is 5ft. I just about tore my biceps off winding it in. It did NOT want to come!
Hope you don`t have too long to wait for the next one.
Tight lines,
Rich

78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot everyone! I'm still grinning...and yeah, thats a good idea to get a mini digi cam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts