World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my session at white horses on Sunday night i managed to get a few hours yesterday between midday and 3pm in the bay, a couple of bites which came to nothing and one quite reasonable eel caught.
I was fishing directly in front of the private beach area just over from the Den, i got snagged on something which was strange because upon arrival it looked just sandy and devoid of snags so somewhere out there is my 5oz rig.

I returned to white horses last night and fished from 10pm - 3am, using mackie fillets and a redesigned rig i was hoping to get a bass reward after missing my second bass on Sunday - typically there were no takes !!!
Fishing was diabolical, agreed the sea was dead flat and the moon was out but using good worm ranging from 50yds to 150yds possibly further all i caught was a small bass.
Plenty of shooting stars last night most i have ever seen in one night - provided more entertainment than the fishing, maybe i will take up astronomy!!
There was a big boat manouvering up and down from the harbour to the yacht club - i presumed it was dredging, loads of noise and lights coming from it which probably frightened everything for miles - thats my excuse for the night.
tight lines
Steve.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
oh well steve,still better than bieng at home,or at work innit?
i had a mare of a session saturday night with everything that could go wrong doing so.
sometimes when you are the best prepared angler on the beach it all goes tits up for no reason,other times you can grab 2 hours one night and bag up,conditions werent ideal for anyone bassing over the weekend,need a blow me -thinks and it will all be a different story,oh and you saw the persiad meteor shower it peaks today or tomorrow night all the best luck,craig

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh well steve,still better than bieng at home,or at work innit?
i had a mare of a session saturday night with everything that could go wrong doing so.
sometimes when you are the best prepared angler on the beach it all goes tits up for no reason,other times you can grab 2 hours one night and bag up,conditions werent ideal for anyone bassing over the weekend,need a blow me -thinks and it will all be a different story,oh and you saw the persiad meteor shower it peaks today or tomorrow night all the best luck,craig
hi mate,
yep i know what you mean - after sundays sole catch i was convinced there was more for the taking but not to be, the persaid shower was quite something to see i wondered what was going on.
regarding a blow i think we need a hurricane to kick start the fishing off
Got a change of scenary coming up next week i am off after bream and tench fishing at a 72 acre pit for 2 days which i cannot wait,nothing like a good challenge!!!! go each year with me bro's and Dad, he will probably out fish me again - i think as they get older they become more cunning.
Some good carp to be had which will be a bonus - any way good luck MMD if you get out - weather looks pants for bass still.
cheers
Steve.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
good luck mate,nothing quite like the civility of being bivvied up for a couple of nights in good company,i love it,and dont forget your red skittles mate,the tench love em,them and red starbursts molded over the hook hmmmm,the bream however you can keep,recently bogged down with them on a trip to a local water all the best craig

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck mate,nothing quite like the civility of being bivvied up for a couple of nights in good company,i love it,and dont forget your red skittles mate,the tench love em,them and red starbursts molded over the hook hmmmm,the bream however you can keep,recently bogged down with them on a trip to a local water all the best craig
yep stella, fry ups and stove cooked curry on Friday night - you just cannot beat it - fish is just a bonus, worm and sweetcorn cocktail is the usual tactic there, red skittles and starbursts ? not heard of that before.
The bream are worth a target as they average 5lb but do get to 13lb so on light feeder gear its good fun.
Got a camo bucket full of corn,hemp and different size pellets to spod cannot wait.

Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts