World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geezoirs!....

Soz', but a bit of a delayed report as couldnt access site properly...but ere's me report from last week ..

Bustin day.. and i would make even that 'appy Larry' look a miserable git... totally diff to the previous day when i struggled to get a take!!

Minor set back at the start as i lost me keys to me truck and was about to load up..anchor , landin net handle and other stuff were in the back and locked up.. :-/
**** it, threw all me kit on the back seat and legged it down to get a bit of rag..Picked Col up and we were offski...

Beautiful sunny mornin with flat seas and was hard to not think we should be out there , but the The thin lipped mullet were callin so off we set up one of the local estuaries..Diff plan and we decided to fish around low water so as to spot the mullet easier...Got there in good time and were given a "you shouldn't really be launchin ere, but i'll let ya off ".. Was gonna set Colin van damn on him if he peed me off anymore... ;)

Lovely little paddle in the sun along the riverbank and our excitement and Tourrettes were plentiful as we began to spot our prey..Snuck into the rushes and started to cast about with baited spinners...there were plenty about, but despite avin it on their noses they wouldn't take, well that's until Colin swung his spinner into my swim at a passing fish.. ;D and was into a feisty little mullet..

They started to thin out, so we headed of upstream to a lovely little spot that just had to hold a few fish..First cast and YES!... i broke me thin lipped cherry... :D Only about 10 oz, but chuffed to bits...

For a short spell it was a mullet heaven and i landed 4 out of 10 takes...thinking this is easy..then it died off completely for an hr...Sun was really bakin us, but i thought i'd slightly change me baitin tactics.... As soon it hit the water, 'bang', and and i hit into the fish of me dreams as it lept clear of the water.....F**K....PANIC!!!...MUMMY DADDY MUMMY DADDY!!!!!!..Shouted over to Colin and he upped sticks to give us a hand...Really thought i was gonna lose it as i knew it was a specimen Thin Lip...After much to and frowin, wiv Colin sayin "let the clutch out, let the clutch out!!"..despite it rolling in the trace and me heart missin a beat, i managed to scoop it up in me handle-less net ...Think Col was a excited as me as we admired her in the net.We took plenty of pics and weighed her...at 5lb 1oz i KIPPER!!!!...... I'm a 'catch n keep a few' type of geezer, but it was a great feelin seein her swim back to fight another day...

Fishin slowed after all that thrashin and we made our way back down river towards our launch spot, as we turned a bend **** me! the water erupted as we disturbed a shoal...grabbed the rods and just had to have another go...had a few takes and missed em but did get another about the 1lb mark...
Tide was very low now and we really had to pick our way through the shallows and the wildlife..

Absolutely brilliant day out and thanks to Colin for great company and in particular sharin such a great spot and tactics...nice to see there are some pukka blokes out there who don't mind sharin a bit of info.. ;) ;) On the way home he put me catch into perspective by reminding me that the boat British record Thin lipped is 5lb 15oz...

Don't post much on here, but thought id share this wiv ya..Im still buzzin ere and chuffed that those fishy gods smiled on me .... i'm back offshore now content that i finally nailed me target and for me a pb Mullet of any kind , and whilst ive had a lot of bigger fish, few have made me so happy and pound for pound, i reckon that's my best ever specimen!!

Shaun...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
hell of a fish bud!!! thing dreams are made of well fish beer and women lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cracking kwality kipper there Shaun, did I tell ya about my golden grey off Canvey, well it was summer 2007, and ................ have ya got a couple of hours to spare :secret:

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Superb Thin lip and lovely looking surroundings :1a: I got my pb Thin of 4lb last year and I thought that was a big fish but your's is stunning :clap3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts