World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my abu multiplier for around 2-3 months now and i clean it after every session, what what im woundering is......whats the oil you get with it for?

opppps

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
i oil my beach reels every session!!! but my boat reels dont get that sort of treatment!!! lol

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers welsh warrior, where would i apply the oil and how much

sorry for all the questions, just want to look after it and keep it running smoothly for more than a year lol :D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
there are round silver things on the side??? unscrew them and dribble a little in on the handle sine... um what reel is it??? cos u might have to take it apart to do the other side!!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
im not sure then sori.... i use penn mags!!! look in the book that comes with it... that will tell you!"!! il av a quick look in ma rocket book#

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
just looked in mu manual... mines an ambaseder, take the mag knob off, drip sum in there, over the level wind, and by the clutch... and at least once a year it says you should take it apart an lubricate everything!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi m8 its easier to take the reel apart on your reel. undo the screws on the side plate and take the spool out that should give you enough room and access to oil and service your reel.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The usual oil supplied with ABU reels is quite thin, and designed to give high casting speeds, I have a Mag Elite Sport and a Chrome Rocket, I strip them down after every session, give them a god wash to remove any salt, dry them off in the airing cupboard and then oil both bearings and the spindle, Take off the right hand end plate, withdraw the spool and spindle,drop oil onto bearings at both ends and some down the spindle and re assemble, Its also worth giving the caseing a light coating of oil to preserve it and the reel should last years
Gray

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Its a abu ambassaeur 6500 sports mag
there is a neil mackellow dvd/vid you can get 'going the distance', I know veals stock it. Its a bit pricey, but along with the casting it also has a seperate movie on tuning abu 6500 mag, and penn 525.

I purchased it and was initially a bit dissappointed for the price I paid (about £14), but as ive bought a penn 525 and abu 6500 mag, i'd now highly recommend it.

The abu 6500 looks a lot more fiddley than the penn tbh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts