World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone in the Dumfries area could help me. I'm looking to buy a heavy duty - but cheapish - set of waterproofs/oilskins akin to those used by commercials (I am not a commercial btw, its for marine survey work!) I'm thinking Kirkcudbright is probably my best bet but I don't know any shops and its been about 3 years since I was last in Kb!

Also I have noticed people complaining about a lack of reports...I fished Abbeyburnfoot on sunday, very relaxing day, didn't go out for a "proper" session but managed 4 pollack to around 1lb, a poor cod and a doggy between bouts of sleeping on the rocks!

Cheers! :fishing1:

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
Scallop Gear, just next to the petrol station at the harbour or Deeside Marine on Dee Walk ( along from West Coast Sea Products factory both stock them. You could probably get them at Southwest Marine - Shealinghill, Lochfoot - save you a run to KBT.

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone in the Dumfries area could help me. I'm looking to buy a heavy duty - but cheapish - set of waterproofs/oilskins akin to those used by commercials (I am not a commercial btw, its for marine survey work!) I'm thinking Kirkcudbright is probably my best bet but I don't know any shops and its been about 3 years since I was last in Kb!

Also I have noticed people complaining about a lack of reports...I fished Abbeyburnfoot on sunday, very relaxing day, didn't go out for a "proper" session but managed 4 pollack to around 1lb, a poor cod and a doggy between bouts of sleeping on the rocks!

Cheers! :fishing1:
R&A beside the harbour or DSM down Dee Walk both in Kirkcudbright should sort you out, or Scott Trawlers at Lochfoot will be closer to you, not sure how cheap they will be at any of the places though.

Oh catch report.......I caught 35 tonnes of scallops on my last session........:1a:

We also had a solitary tope, 6 big bull huss and a hundred or so mackies, gurnards and codlets plus the normal zillion LSDs last Sunday.

The tope was a baby but it was my nephews first ever do it all himself, he has had much bigger, but this is the first solo effort where he did it all himself.....as proud as punch the wee fella was -

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i could be doing with a decent set of waterproofs/oilskins so will check these places out when im in area

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Much appreciated guys, will check those places this weekend
Hi lewis

DSM are definately shut at weekends, R&A work some Saturday mornings but not all depending on what is going on, and I am not sure about Scott Trawlers/SW marine opening times.

SW marines number is 01387250602 if you want to phone and check.

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
i could be doing with a decent set of waterproofs/oilskins so will check these places out when im in area
Hi Colin, be worth your while checking out the guy in Girvan - can't remember what the business is called but works out of the first lock up on the harbour selling chandlery and has a big van too. Think the phone number is above the door.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
will do that seafoods as mainly fishing luce and kirkcudbright lately so any the places i will travel in that area anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.