World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some blacks frozen so thought I would have a go as itching to get out .as I was walking down the jetty with the wind slamming in my face I think to myself I must be mad ! I fished faceing the tugs could just about stand up pin yting every cast no dabs or mud rats Then this black cloud was coming my way just made it back before the rain here is a few pics

image-1480938220.jpg

image-2252049799.jpg

image-4052098849.jpg

image-1480938220.jpg

image-3189575700.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Had some blacks frozen so thought I would have a go as itching to get out .as I was walking down the jetty with the wind slamming in my face I think to myself I must be mad ! I fished faceing the tugs could just about stand up pin yting every cast no dabs or mud rats Then this black cloud was coming my way just made it back before the rain here is a few pics

View attachment 194928

View attachment 194925

View attachment 194926

View attachment 194928

View attachment 194929
with the amount of years ive fished from canvey ie boat shore ive never tried fishing from there and all ways wanted to try its the ladder thats put me of due to my knees whats it like getting up there

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the amount of years ive fished from canvey ie boat shore ive never tried fishing from there and all ways wanted to try its the ladder thats put me of due to my knees whats it like getting up there
its ok with a bit of care u will b fine I think ?

·
Registered
668 Posts
must agree,you will be ok as long as you wear brown trousers lol the going up is a lot better than going down in my opinion,1st time I did I thought"[email protected]#kin hell I must be mad" but I been lots since its an experience to say the least,take 8-10oz fixed wire leads for end,tis deep & runs like a train on ebb & flood,good luck,slack lines.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Heard a deal has been struck to pull it down going to start spring 2015 once all prices and percentages of scrap have been agreed...

Rich

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My friend works for a marine salvage company deal agreed two weeks ago,think the price of scrap means it works out about even now to get the job done compared to 8 years ago.

·
Registered
668 Posts
typicle, always someone to p##s on your fireworks,im thinking this country is becoming like a gestapo regime more every day,ah well, next thing they will want a permit to sea fish in Essex,maybe England, ol guy fawkes had the right idea lol,mmm so did robin hood,[no relation to gone robbing I hasten to add]lol happy days

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well done for giving it a crack, it's a fantastic venue and will be missed should she go. BUT, it's not the end as there are plenty of other Jettys, just fish em at night, dont cut fences and you'll be fine. Fished em for years and be asked to leave once.

·
Registered
21,327 Posts
Nice pics.....looks a tad fresh up there! Not sure I'd want to risk death even for the chance of a mud rat. Rather chuck out in hole haven creek and watch it out of the lobster smack window.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Don't think its a overly popular venue due to the colossal walk especially for the returns this year anyhow....
Most of the other jettys now have security due to the nature of liquids being contained there compared to a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
well done for giving it a crack there's no getting away from that wind up there. still nice to get away from the crowds that frequent the sea wall around the island on the weekend. Its a real shame it hasn't produced for the passed 3 or so winters

·
Registered
390 Posts
i thought they didnt want to pull it down owing to the sealife liveing around it an the falcons nesting on it ,the last i herd anyway.
when its blowing its not a nice place to be,but the chance of a biggy keeps me going.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's an amazing structure and it will be sad if it is pulled down.

Someone has already started breaking it up for scrap judging by the large piles of stripped cable at the base of the steps.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I fish canvey island at night at least 4 x a month and I can only remember once in the last year that I've seen more than one other person fishing,the island is dead now even in the winter at the forts you could count 20'lamps and at least 30 anglers in the 80s and 90 s now my lamp is the only one I see.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts