World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting mugged off by work yesterday I'm finally down sunny canvey for a go on the OJ. Just set up, fishing both up and over long running rigs with a choice of bluey mackerel squid and some frozen worm. 1230 ish LW so I'll give it a go up to HW. Sunny but a suprisingly fresh southerly, comfortable at the moment but wouldn't want it blowing much more. Target today is Raymond's. I'll upload some photos of either some fish or moody sunsets. Hopefully both. Likely just a sunset... But you don't catch no fish sitting at home! First cast confirms it is indeed bloody deep off here!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Don't forget to cast well uptide with plenty of weight & a big belly of line same as uptideing on a boat,I think there must be around 60 -70 ft water at the front,good luck,look fwd to report & piccies later.Ade

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
After getting mugged off by work yesterday I'm finally down sunny canvey for a go on the OJ. Just set up, fishing both up and over long running rigs with a choice of bluey mackerel squid and some frozen worm. 1230 ish LW so I'll give it a go up to HW. Sunny but a suprisingly fresh southerly, comfortable at the moment but wouldn't want it blowing much more. Target today is Raymond's. I'll upload some photos of either some fish or moody sunsets. Hopefully both. Likely just a sunset... But you don't catch no fish sitting at home! First cast confirms it is indeed bloody deep off here!
they took another 14.2mtrs of silt so its going to be between 80-100ft at high tide good luck john should be some raymonds about been afew around

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So that didn't go quite as planned. Fished from low up to HW, had half a dozen decent sized tings, all about 35cm, didn't blank but no Raymond's. Mixed it up with the fish baits on 6/0's so that prob dissuaded the smaller ones! Was intending to fish a couple hours of the ebb but my head torch packed up and my spare isn't great, didn't fancy the ladders of doom with no light so conserved what was left on my spare and conceded defeat. Couple of lads fishing smaller baits back along the inside had a few nice flounder and plenty of tings.

I think just glad being out to be honest, not been out for a while but on the plus side got to try my new imax jacket (toasty) and I've changed to reels down, really liking that set up so had a chance to practice some casting on a nice open platform. With no one watching... Obligatory sunset photo to follow.
Cheers, John.

Stairs of doom!
Ecoregion Sky Plant Wheel Automotive tire

And the view from the end.
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources

1 - 5 of 5 Posts