World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading some of the older posts about okuma magnetix and noticed others about the Contoura.
Is the contoura a good casting reel and will it handle rough ground.
I was thinking of getting the magnetix 30cs or the Contoura cr303cs....which one do you guys think is the better reel i.e capability over rough ground and amount of line each reel will hold and also casting ability?
Look forward to hearing your views regarding this query

Fishhunter

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Drop a PM to Nomadfl fairly sure he's been involved in the design / testing processes for various Okuma's and he's posted about them in the past - get the info from the horses mouth so to speak.

Do a search for threads started by him, some good info there, if you haven't already seen it/read it.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Drop a PM to Nomadfl fairly sure he's been involved in the design / testing processes for various Okuma's and he's posted about them in the past - get the info from the horses mouth so to speak.

Do a search for threads started by him, some god info there, if you haven't already seen it/read it.

Is it like, erm a religious thread then Mr Mod, Sir, Me lud :busted_co:punk::1a:

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Haven't you got some light reading to do about the various reactions of carbon and glass at their molecular state ;)

Rather watch the Simpsons, you get more sense, anyway you`re the one into forensics, not me.:notworthy:notworthy

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i see dead people ,yes wooky you do:sleep:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
been reading a lot of the previous posts about these reels and got a lot of good info but not much said about the contoura reel.....the only reason i ask is i have seen one on flea bay and it seems like a good deal

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have now purchased a new reel and i went for a penn 535 mag which got for £80 split new from flea bay which i think is great.

I liked the idea of the Okuma reels but as the Penn seems to be a tried and tested all rounder i had to give in......may buy one of the Okumas as a back up reel or get the smaller Okuma Contoura cr-203cs for lighter less tackle hungry ground.

Cheers for your help and answers regarding my initial post

1 - 11 of 11 Posts