World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, picked this, simply as a backup. It's a one piece reel and nice and smooth, except I'm looking for a manual for it. Limited info online. It's a nice little reel.

Any views or experience on this? Not had it to bits yet.

Any idea what the sliding button is on the back? Looks like the level wind has been removed too.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
The freespool is that bar across the back push that down puts it into freespool for casting yes someones been inside and had level wind off take non drive side plate off and see if left drive cog in as don't need that if no level wind

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, I didn't realise that was the freespool. Thought that was just a thumbguard. Presume the slider on the left is a line out alarm. The worm drive isnt turning so I'll strip it and maintain it anyway out of course, it's actually quite a nice reel. I can also only presume it's got brake blocks in until I get chance to open it. Odd also they're hard to find info on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right well I've spent some time cleaning and inspecting this reel, and suprisingly, it's quite nice. One piece alloy, up to six brake blocks. Some plastic parts yes, but they're very sturdy and not flexible at all. It's a tiny bit bigger than my 525 however a little lighter. I just wanted to put some info up for anyone looking at them to buy as I found absolutely nothing. Line capacity is 14/230 18/180 20/150. I've fully removed the level wind and washed out and oiled the bearings, it flies when in free spool for a minute plus once it's loaded. Anyway some pics, it's really surprising how nice it is. IMAG0685.jpg IMAG0686.jpg IMAG0687.jpg IMAG0688.jpg IMAG0689.jpg IMAG0690.jpg IMAG0691.jpg

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
more of a baitcaster than normal multiplier yes bit on side is ratchet guess pretty slow retrieve though? put some 0.30mm line on it for flatty bashing type fishing

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah other one is a 6000c3, sure it's only a 4:1. Good enough for me, I like the reel as a whole. It's sat all sad with itself at the moment as I'm waiting for new drag washers and a mag for it.

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
Right well I've spent some time cleaning and inspecting this reel, and suprisingly, it's quite nice. One piece alloy, up to six brake blocks. Some plastic parts yes, but they're very sturdy and not flexible at all. It's a tiny bit bigger than my 525 however a little lighter. I just wanted to put some info up for anyone looking at them to buy as I found absolutely nothing. Line capacity is 14/230 18/180 20/150. I've fully removed the level wind and washed out and oiled the bearings, it flies when in free spool for a minute plus once it's loaded. Anyway some pics, it's really surprising how nice it is. View attachment 384338 View attachment 384346 View attachment 384354 View attachment 384362 View attachment 384370 View attachment 384378 View attachment 384386
The level wind was probably left off because they couldn't get hold of the spares .... Okumas spares backup is abysmal over here. I can give you the number of John Wordsworth who brings spares over here if your thinking of re-installing the level wind.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Is Okuma that bad? as been looking at the TRX salt fixed spool but at £100 sobs odd not rushing mind reels quite nice to use as been fishing with someone that has pretty strudy

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
At that price I'd be going with a surfblaster or akios similar
No the Okuma knocks them into a cocked hat on strength using it it's pretty robust other one been using is the TFG V8 thing not bad for a cheap reel reasonable line lay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts