World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Okuma Magnetix

524 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MrBeachams 
Just been browsing through Glasgow A C catalogue and noticed the Okuma Magnetix for 59 squid...bit of a bargain maybe...................Does anyone have one? or tried one?........how would you say they compare (casting wise) to the likes of the 525mags and the 5500/6500 abu's............according to the spec it holds 190yrds of 18lb line so drop to 14lb and you got a good 250yds to fish with.........maybe a good cheap alternitive or spare to the usual suspects:g:

MrB

Andy

I have just bought one to replace the F/Spool I had which has died. ( Prime Angling @ £60 )

First trip I cracked off twice and the third time got a "Mother" of all birdies. Think you can say I haven't yet mastered it. The 7HT I have is so "user friendly" that I can't remember last birdie or crack-off I had.

I haven't yet mastered the settings on it so will continue to practice. Nice looking reel and well made. Runs smoothly and good ratchet system.

Will keep you posted once I get it set right or run out of leads.

Rgds
G

Do a search on this forum for Magnetix.
Plenty been said already - mostly good.
Thanks Pelamid. Already searched thro prior to buying it. Probably down to my crap technique. Think the 7HT is so forgiving that I have got away with it in the past..

Will continue to practice. Am certain once I have the settings set up then it will be fine.

Man in the shop said even an idiot could use it. Say no more.
Rgds

G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.