World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just thought i would introduce myself to this wonderful fishing forum. I'm a 47 year old guy from Edinburgh & have only been fishing for around three years & nearly all of that has been in Norway where Iv been working, fishing is one of these things i always wanted to do but never got round to silly me. A friend of mine asked me to go fishing with him & a couple of colleagues, i gladly accepted & since that day fishing is just about all i think about. I guess working in Norway means I'm pretty spoilt, I'm there for six weeks at a time & fish roughly every day give or take from a man made pier that was built for my company to allow heavy ships to talk. As i said I'm just a new guy so I'm sure you'll all look after me. I'll probably post quite a bit as I'm still unsure of many many things. Regards. Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mikey,
Norway is a great place to fish you lucky guy. What fish have you managed to catch from your makeshift pier? Anyway welcome to WSF and if you need to find out anything about sea fishing, or have a question, there are plenty of folks on here to help you out.

Sage.

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i really appreciate you getting back to me, we target different fish but the usual suspects mackerel, coal fish, cod, pollock 3-4lb without going to deep, wrasse, Ballan & cuckoo, lots of eels which I'm not to keep on & the scariest looking bugger Iv ever seen wolf fish, my local tackle shop in Edinburgh tells me there good eating but just the look puts me off, we also get a lot of flounder, plaice, dabs in fact one time we put out some chum & every cast was flat fish after flat fish i dare not say but it was actually getting boring, we were casting around 30-40 meters & we were pulling in crabs, so no chum the seas plenty full without, I'm just waiting on going back out in the next week or so but this time I'm lured up with sidewinders hopefully they'll pull in the pollock I'm not to sure if we'll still get cod maybe you guys will know better

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sry mate don't know much unless we're talkin about leg and bass

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ment 2 say lrf light rock fishing

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks ken hopefully we'll all learn something from each other although I'll learn more from you than you will from me, I'm just a beginner in the fishing game

·
Registered
252 Posts
I suspect you know more than you are saying.

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for gating back to me pagan, i guess you might be right m8 but seriously Iv only been fishing for three years & most of that's been in Norway, I'm one of these guys that self teaches myself with reading a lot & paying attention to the people I'm with but there's still plenty I'm not sure about, basic things really

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers m8 i appreciate it, only thing is it's not really reality fishing in Norway. As i said in an earlier post your catching cast after cast at times, there was a time in the summer when two of us went for mackerel & we pulled in over 50 each in just over an hour then i come back home to Edinburgh & I'm lucky to get half a dozen over the course of a week, but i must say it hasn't have gave me the bug, a couple of days ago j went fishing locally & caught a small codling & a tiny heron & it made my day. Norway's magnificent for fishing but doing it every day with work colleagues is not the same as doing it back home with friends

1 - 20 of 20 Posts