World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a stroll along the river this morning between the new(old) pier with the bar on it and B&Q. The old railway pier that used to be Gravesend Station, is being dismantled, but the supports and the staging in the river seem to have been left.

It looks like a great fish hoilding spot (to a newly converted coarse angler anyway), and I was wondering if anyone had fished it before or new anything about it?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
in the summer i should think it will hold mullet,perhaps bass allso,as they like wrecks of rusting metal as such,,,,,by the 3 doors near the refurbished pier ,at low water ive seen loads of mullet,so its near that way

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. May give it a go soon. Looks like a got spot for a bit of float fishing. Looks like you can still clamber up and to the end. So may don my balaclava and take a look under the cover of darkness...:secret:

·
Registered
606 Posts
im going to try gravesend this saturday for the first time.need to have a nose a lot closer for me than other marks any ideas or:secret: lol fellas cheers.

·
Registered
606 Posts
it will be early sat as i dont know what its like want to see the areas in daylight.hopefully get some fishing in.have a look around some angling shops ect .but not in any rush to get home.

G

·
What part of Gravesend you going to? The best bit is from the Ship& Lobster down to Shorne light.If you're going Saturday the high tide is 4.45pm so it will be fishable from 11 ish,dont bother trying to fish after the tide turns,it's too strong and there's loads of weed and rubbish that gets wrapped around your line making it impossible to hold bottom.

G

·
Local tackle shops are;

Dolphin Angling Centre

11-13, Queen St, Gravesend, Kent DA12 2EQ
Tel: 01474 355440

Central Tackle

141b, Central Avenue, Gravesend, Kent DA12 5BH
Tel: 01474 365451

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hi football to fish, with these big tides this week, there will be a lot of sea grass and rubbish coming down the river. As for fish, the usual from most venues, small codling, Whiting and some flounder, possible schoolies.

The old jetty legs you were on about produces lots of Flounder in mid summer and good size mullet, but to keep them around you willl need a bread bag.
Good spot I use to fish was the ferry jetty around the back side of the pontoons.
Harbour rag or bread flake. Also under the new resturant jetty down the side of the wall, mullet scrap off the green allgi.

Sole should start to show along the ship & Lobster stretches, but on the lower tides not springs like this week, you want the 6.5 or lower, 2 - 3 hook flexi boom rigs with ssg shot 2" above your hooks to keep the bait on the bottom.
Beads do produce better catches.

Love to tag along but work gets in the way at the moment.

Good luck guys

Woll

·
Registered
606 Posts
cheers w/w think your post is meant for kent tripod.as ive never fished it before will have to print of some posts just to remind the old memory.thanks all:g:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hi football to fish, with these big tides this week, there will be a lot of sea grass and rubbish coming down the river. As for fish, the usual from most venues, small codling, Whiting and some flounder, possible schoolies.

The old jetty legs you were on about produces lots of Flounder in mid summer and good size mullet, but to keep them around you willl need a bread bag.
Good spot I use to fish was the ferry jetty around the back side of the pontoons.
Harbour rag or bread flake. Also under the new resturant jetty down the side of the wall, mullet scrap off the green allgi.

Sole should start to show along the ship & Lobster stretches, but on the lower tides not springs like this week, you want the 6.5 or lower, 2 - 3 hook flexi boom rigs with ssg shot 2" above your hooks to keep the bait on the bottom.
Beads do produce better catches.

Love to tag along but work gets in the way at the moment.

Good luck guys

Woll
woll
give us a shout when the sole start to show mate, and when you free up some time we can sort out a sesh!
see you at the next kent essex match, take it your free for that one?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
HI Slayer, i will make time for that one.
As soon as I have a few hours in the evening and have some black or maddies il give the sole a try and let you know. I must give Minnis a try soon for the thornies, how about a sesh for them mate.

Woll

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
HI Slayer, i will make time for that one.
As soon as I have a few hours in the evening and have some black or maddies il give the sole a try and let you know. I must give Minnis a try soon for the thornies, how about a sesh for them mate.

Woll
im up for a sesh down minnis mate ,do you know what sort of weather we will need for them and tide hight? im guessing we need big tides and calm weather,
Send me a pm a few days in advance and it should be no problem getting the time free
cheers

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I take it thats not you casting in the pic mate.
yeh its me woll ive had me hair cut, and just started tournement casting , im not great but have managed a 208 yrd cast with a 5 oz lead

its pretty good fun ive done 2 now the first time it was 190 yards pb the next week it was 207/208 yards pb
some of the guys are hitting 260/270 yards so i need some more practice
im getting better though

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers for the info Wally Woll. I'll give it go soon. Like the sound of the sole. That's my mission this year, to get a nice sole, hopefully from the Gravesend area. Do they start to come in this soon?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts