World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was giving a couple of 70's fishing books by a mate in work, anyone else seen the book in the attachment? Bloody good book covers shore fishing marks all around the coast of Wales. Some of the marks are quite different to how there described in the book now but a good read never the less.

Intresting paragraph on "conger hole" not far from where the Warrior was moored in Milford. Any body ever fished this mark it supposed to be 60-70ft deep holding conger around the 75lb mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I used to fish the warrior when i was a nipper, the dangler is probably the best man to ask about the conger hole. they have put a lot of moorings down there now, so im not to sure if it is still fishable!

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
is it fishing wales by clive gammon cos that's a classic and i've got it old yes but covers all of wales a bit dated nowadays cos all the marks mentioned then do not fish as good nowadays warrior way pembroke i fish there a lot caught a good codling there last august easy fishing good fun tightlines andy ilsf..:) :)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
is it fishing wales by clive gammon cos that's a classic and i've got it old yes but covers all of wales a bit dated nowadays cos all the marks mentioned then do not fish as good nowadays warrior way pembroke i fish there a lot caught a good codling there last august easy fishing good fun tightlines andy ilsf..:) :)
Hi mate so you are telling us that the book is as old as you:whistling :help: :lmao: :lmao: see you soon andy tight lines

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Iv got a similar book which is called fishing wales by clive gammon. Its got a different cover to the pic above it covers sea , course and freshwater fishing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
in recent years clive gammon wrote for a mag called Waterlog (subscription only).
A month ago he was on the Pier at Mumbles talking to the anglers.
His well known book is Tide of Fish.
He has a limited edition book out now called 'Castaway' with Medlar press. Covers the old stories.'

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
always thought there is an opening for a up to date book on current marks etc.
grew up with that publication of clive gammons, any publishers out there? who want to do a comprehensive sea fishing in wales book. dave lewis?

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
It's a good book so long as you remember when it was written! I have a well-thumbed copy myself. However, compare it with Mike T's notes on Welsh marks on this site - they are far more representative of things as they currently stand :)

Cheers - John

·
Registered
339 Posts
Used to fish the worrior when i lived down there but it changed a lot now!there a lot more watersports around the area making fishing harder!!:banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts